Honored Contributor

Oh, @Athome2 ,  am so very sorry for your loss of your precious son.  So many struggle and struggle with mental illness and substance abuse, and the family suffers right along with them.  Have no doubt he was brave, as were you as well.  Our family has had such struggles, and so many others.

Take care, @Athome2 --  know that others are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. 

Honored Contributor

@Athome2 , You  are so nice, yes your son is at peace now,  your journey through this grief has just started, it is a long one , again so very sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor
@NicksmomESQ thank you so much. I’m not normally the teaching out kind of person but this is more than I’d ever imagined. I’ll try to come back here and thank everyone but we’re choosing where he’ll be laid to rest today so I’ll be busy. We’re buying three plots and he’ll be between my husband and me. Our other children have spouses and soon families but he had only us really. I was his caregiver, although he desperately didn’t want it that way. He was just so I’ll that, even with care and medication, he just couldn’t understand things. This was his hopeful start in a town near us.
Frequent Contributor
Thank you @Denise in PA. My prayers for your sister. It’s horrific. The could have and should have thoughts in having are awful and I know this is normal but it’s so hard.
Trusted Contributor

@Athome2 I am not a grieving mother, but I am a mother and we lost our beloved nephew/godson to drugs a few years ago.  His own father (my husband's brother) had also died due to drugs so we helped raise him and loved him so much.  He was such a kind, sweet boy.  It is so hard when you watch someone you love trying to get better and then slipping back.  My nephew would stay clean for months and we'd start to feel hopeful and then he would have a slip.  It makes you feel so helpless.

I'm also very sorry for your husband's illness and your father's passing.  It's all so much for one person to deal with.  I hope that you get strength from your family and friends.  Please post here whenever you need to, there are lots of kind people here that will listen and offer words of support. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2  So sorry

images (2).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2  I am so sorry you’ve had so much pain, especially the loss of your son. I hope sharing here will bring some peace. My thoughts are with you. ❤️

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor
@Ikat, I’m so sorry for the loss of your nephew. This is a “club” I’ve never wanted to be in. Like your nephew, James would be clean for so long and even held a couple of jobs for a few weeks at a time but then a relapse. I’d think this would be “it” and he’d be ok but his mental state and also the disease of addiction would manifest. Since he was about 14 it’s been a roller coaster with stress and care and nothing working.
Respected Contributor

@Athome2  Oh, of course your precious son mattered...and will always matter.  He battled as best he could, and I truly believe God has him safe, well, and happy in His arms.  You will be together again.

I am so sorry for the heartbreak you and your family are going through.  You will be in my prayers, and please know there are always some good people here to talk to.  

🌷🙏

Respected Contributor

@Athome2  My heart aches for you and your family. Losing a child is a traumatic event. Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, I send you my heartfelt prayers that you may find the strength you need to get through each day. Heart