Frequent Contributor

I read here a lot and don’t know where else to go right now but our dear youngest child, our son, was found dead of a drug overdose on Thursday. He had aspbergers and also sever mental illness (diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar and schizophrenia) and was trying to get himself clean at a sober house. He’d been to many meetings but no doubt thought he’d use just one more time and so we’ve lost him. I’ll see my precious boy in a coffin on Monday and I’m sobbing as I write this. Our lives have been bombarded in the last few years with my husband’s leukemia and disability, my father’s death here at our house six weeks ago (peaceful thankfully) and now this. I guess I’m just asking if there are grieving mothers out there- I know there are. I’m doing what I need to do right now and thank God I have three other children, all doing well, all loving him and us and helping and I will be contacting compassionate friends. I guess I just wanted someone to know he’s gone and that he mattered even though he seemed like he was “weird” because of all of his illnesses. He fought so hard and was so hurt and so brave.
He was only 26. I posted this in mom to mom also. I hope that’s ok
Honored Contributor

@Athome2 . First of all I would just like to say I am so sorry for your loss!I am not a grieving mother, so I can't say I know how you feel, but I am a mother. Your pain must be almost unbearable and I am sorry and I will pray for you.....Take good care and get through this one step at a time, and one day at a time, and if you are a religious person pray!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just lost our son

[ Edited ]

Oh my, that is so heartbreaking, so very sorry,  right now you are in shock, take it minute by minute,for now, i lost a son in 1998 ,he was 27, but i can tell you it is so hard to get in in your head ,it has happened, my heart goes out to you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor
Thank you @CANDLEQUEEN, I so appreciate your sympathy and prayers. I’ve been praying daily and will continue and keep hoping and believing that God has him and that he’s finally experiencing the love and acceptance that he so wanted here but could never see due to his autism. It was like a wall between him and the world.
Frequent Contributor
@goldensarebest, thank you for responding. I knew there would be others and I’m so sorry for your loss. Your son was so near the age of mine and I know he was just as precious to you then than the day he was born, more so probably since you knew him as an adult. I just keep missing my son’s sweet, innocent self, even though he’d been so hurt and abused by the world.
Honored Contributor

@Athome2 

My deepest sympathies for the loss that you and your family are going through.

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2  OMG I'm so very sorry for all your pain & the loss of your beautiful son. Being a mother I can't fathom what you're going through.💔

I hope you have a strong support system. Your friends on these boards are here for you.💐

Frequent Contributor
Thank you IG, you’re very kind and I appreciate it.
Trusted Contributor

@Athome2   I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. I cannot imagine how much your are hurting right now. As a mom my heart aches for you and your family. May your beautiful son Rest in Peace.   

Regular Contributor

At Home    I have not suffered like you are at this very moment but watched my younger sister go through this a few years ago when she lost her son to drugs.  Please know my heart breaks for you and your family.  I can't imagine the feelings/emotions you are experiencing today.  Praying for you - and your extended family.  May peace and comfort surround you day by day.

Feel free to come back here and share anytime.