Trusted Contributor

Re: Just listened to an interview with Mike Rowe (Q alum)

@HLP   I'm right beside you! 

I am very happy with my viewing habits and choices and cannot fathom how ANYONE could be squeamish or timid about what networks he/she watches! 

I actually found that concern amusing!!

This is America!!!

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I've been preaching that for the past 10 years....."Learn a TRADE!" No one can ever take that away from you. Be a plumber or an electrician, a mechanic.... Learn to work! My neighbor is a professional painter, she has a 6 month waiting list and is not inexpensive-but she is very, very good.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle    He is a true RENAISSANCE MAN!  Greatly talented in so many areas!

Respected Contributor

When Joan Rivers started with QVC they wanted her host to be someone else. Joan insisted on having Mike Rowe.

Respected Contributor

Never apologize for which news channels you watch. Fox has both opinion shows and straight news shows...some other channels are only opinion/ entertainment- based. I watch our local network affiliates for straight news since I can also get local news. I don't want to mention other channels for fear of getting poofed.

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@Lvqfan I also watch Fox...and so do a number of others here! There was a thread awhile back (don't remember if it was in TV and Movies, or what---but we were discussing how much we enjoy Gutfeld! and The Five.

I'm also a big admirer of Mike Rowe and his commen sense! 

@vermint 

That was a thread I posted and it got poofed! Guess the mods decided it was political since it was on Fox! God forbid we say say the wrong thing!

@Sapphiregal , I recall that thread and posted on it.  I didn't see/read any posts that would make it be deleted, unless I missed some.  I came back to repost on it and it was gone.  Makes no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@spumoni99  I know what you mean.  I appreciate that since I am a spelling and grammar nerd!  But I learned how to spell and diagram sentences in grammar school.  In today's world, I don't really know what is going on anymore in schools.  Getting back to Mike Rowe, I love the way he encourages young people to go to trade schools and other trainig to obtain a trade and skills.  That's practically a guarantee for lifetime employment.

Someone needs to let the high school guidance counselors in on that little secret that all they do is push college even when a kid tells them they don't want to go to college.

My husband started out as a helper in the HVAC industry, worked his way up to VP of the service department and was able to retire at 63.  

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 True! I've worked with college grads, some had master's  degrees, who could barely spell their own names.

Valued Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

@spumoni99 Any reason why you find the need to reply with a nasty comment?