Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Each side of the political aisle always seems to have its own "statistics" and "facts and figures.  Therefore,  I don't  really give any weight to  who gave what figure on CNN.

So you just decide to think whatever you want to.

So you just put words in other people's mouths that isn't what they siad.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

So how do you make heads or tails out of the media's reporting ?

QVC Customer Care

Please try an stay on topic while on the thread

QVC Customer Care

Re: Just heard on cnn

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC duplicate post

Honored Contributor

I welcome the refugees. I believe they will enrich our culture and look forward to meeting, getting to know them, as do my friends and family.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I believe our country has given refuge to people who have assisted us in the wars over the past 14 years so they would not be killed by our enemies. As it should be. 

IMO - it is unfortunate that this has been turned into a political football, and that is all I'm going to say.

Could be true but their vetting process has produced people who have caused violence and death here at home.    If they had not come many would still be sleeping peacefully in their beds tonight.

WRONG

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/20/us/why-it-takes-two-years-for-syrian-refugees-to-apply...

I am talking the vetting process, not the syrians.   Boston bombers were refugees.

The Boston bombers were from Russia, and originally came here on student visas.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The brothers came to the US with their family as refugees as I recall, not on student visas.

Google it - they left and went back then returned on student visas. The younger one even applied for citizenship.

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I believe our country has given refuge to people who have assisted us in the wars over the past 14 years so they would not be killed by our enemies. As it should be. 

IMO - it is unfortunate that this has been turned into a political football, and that is all I'm going to say.

Could be true but their vetting process has produced people who have caused violence and death here at home.    If they had not come many would still be sleeping peacefully in their beds tonight.

WRONG

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/20/us/why-it-takes-two-years-for-syrian-refugees-to-apply...

I am talking the vetting process, not the syrians.   Boston bombers were refugees.

No they weren't.
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just heard on cnn

[ Edited ]

I read thousands of refugees have entered this country since 911 (from various countries) and not one of them has caused any problems.

(They are escaping terrorism not causing it, some people in the world we live in dont "get" that).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Oh, I doubt that.  There are many people who always find something to terrify themselves with.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

And, of course, we have never had any home-grown terrorists until we remember more people died in Oklahoma City thsn died in Paris. 

Let me say a word about that:  I live just north of OKC and I will tell you that when it strikes at your heart, it becomes personal.  It is hard to be compassionate or make excuses and leeway for this type of inhumanity.  If you want a close up look--read "In Their Names" about the OKC bombing. 

If you don't fly a lot, if you don't attend public gatherings a lot, if you are sitting at home most of the time, you don't understand the thoughts that always are in the back of your heads after this.  

If you stood at the fence in OKC three days later and smelled the smell of death that permeated the air, you might  feel a little differently about what precautions should be taken. .I think if this country isn't the "leader of the free world" (we have the ability but lack the will) no other country will.  We can put up with this stuff (no matter who perpetrates it) or we can refuse to allow it in the free world.  And to a degree, the people in those countries producing this reign of terror have to stand with one side or the other as well.  Just my own personal thoughts and worries expressed here.   . 

Honored Contributor

While I believe that a stringent vetting process is absolutely necessary for anyone who wants to come to this country, in this case, I am leaning towards us sending money to help the refugees settle somewhere else.    That way, we are "helping", but not accepting refugees .... at this time.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me,  but based on the crazy ways my tax dollars have been spent over the past few decades, I think this is a good investment.

What comes to mind is the saying   " .....  throw a little money at the problem and make it go away ....."