Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

What if I baked a pan of brownines and most of the ingredients were good but 1% of the ingredients was dog doo.  Would it be okay to eat the pan of brownies anyway?  I mean, it's only 1%.  Right?


********************************

 

Thankfully people do not blend together like a box of BCrocker brownie mix.


You totally missed the point.  My point wasn't about people blending.


***************************************

 

No, I didn't miss your point.  But I did attempt to explain to you that your analogy doesn't work.


How does it not work?  One bad apple can spoil it for the rest unfortunately.


********************************

That's not a given.  Most of life contains at least one bad apple.  The black sheep in the family, the child molester on almost every block.

 

Bad apples are everywhere, so are wonderful people who outnumber them and do not rot.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,831
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

It's naive to think that refusing refugees will keep terrorists out. The refugees are the least likely to include terrorists because of the delay and vetting. The most likely are our own citizens who have been raticalized, followed by those entering on a travel visa. Our Southern border is far from secure, doesn't it make more sense that a terrorist would choose that route rather than waiting months to gain entry without any guarantee that he would be admitted even then?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,065
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Just heard on cnn

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's naive to think that refusing refugees will keep terrorists out. The refugees are the least likely to include terrorists because of the delay and vetting. The most likely are our own citizens who have been raticalized, followed by those entering on a travel visa. Our Southern border is far from secure, doesn't it make more sense that a terrorist would choose that route rather than waiting months to gain entry without any guarantee that he would be admitted even then?


 

I think that we, as a country, need to explore several options, as the terrorists will stay one step ahead of us.  I doubt if Syrian refugees will be vetted properly, and the terrorists know it.

 

I do agree with you completely about our southern border.  I have no doubt that many terrorists have already come into our country from that location.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,243
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's naive to think that refusing refugees will keep terrorists out. The refugees are the least likely to include terrorists because of the delay and vetting. The most likely are our own citizens who have been raticalized, followed by those entering on a travel visa. Our Southern border is far from secure, doesn't it make more sense that a terrorist would choose that route rather than waiting months to gain entry without any guarantee that he would be admitted even then?


Tell that to Paris

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,450
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Just heard on cnn

[ Edited ]

According to the CATO Institute (11/18/15):

 

Of the 859,629 refugees admitted from 2001 onwards, only 3 have been convicted of planning terrorist attacks on targets outside of the United States, & none was successfully carried out.  That is 1 terrorism-planning conviction for every 286,543 refugees that have been admitted.  To put that in perspective, about 1 in every 22,541 Americans committed murders in 2014. 

 

They do go on but it's much too long to enter here.  See for yourselves at cato.org

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,305
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

 

There are homeless Americans living in tent cities here where I live....families with children....no help for them. Forget these refugees and let's take care of our own. These refugees tap the funds that could be helping our own struggling people.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,812
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@June222 wrote:

 

There are homeless Americans living in tent cities here where I live....families with children....no help for them. Forget these refugees and let's take care of our own. These refugees tap the funds that could be helping our own struggling people.


@June222, ..  Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Just like I mentioned our homeless vets living on the streets, whether they have benefits or not, they aren't getting help.  We need to help our own first!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,831
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Early on, it was thought one of the Paris terrorists was a refugee; however, since then that has been found to be untrue. France is still accepting refugees, so it seems France is now The Home of the Brave.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,305
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

@orangegarnet wrote:

@June222 wrote:

 

There are homeless Americans living in tent cities here where I live....families with children....no help for them. Forget these refugees and let's take care of our own. These refugees tap the funds that could be helping our own struggling people.


@June222, ..  Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Just like I mentioned our homeless vets living on the streets, whether they have benefits or not, they aren't getting help.  We need to help our own first!!!


@Suziepeach   Yes....and all the vets that need medical help....let's put these refugee funds to work for our vets to get them the services they deserve.  Our priorities and funds need to be refocused on Americans.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,988
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@chrystaltree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Chris cumo,was interviewing some one, talking about  syrian refugees, he said since 9-11, 795, have come to usa. Only posting this, so  the facts are known, I DO NOT , MEAN ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS POST.


 

         Well then tell us WHY did you post this big of trivia.....lol   You must have had a reason, so share it. 


Thank you ,for asking,do you always question every one,to answer your question,  i was wanting to give information,  there you got your answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.