Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just heard on Food network, 50% of women would leave their relationship

On 2/7/2015 Qwackertoo said:

I'd put more emphasis on the other 364 days of the year vs. just one day.

Ditto this. However, if a relationship is wrong, weak, or just not right, receiving a remembrance won't help.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/10/2015 esmeraldagooch said: We don't celebrate holidays.

??? Don't you remember one another or someone or something?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Wow, how shallow. The relationship must not have meant much to them to begin with.
Respected Contributor

Valentine's Day is hubs birthday LOL.........he thinks he's my biggest valentine's present LOL...............and he kinda sorta is LOL...........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 raven-blackbird said:

Valentine's Day is hubs birthday LOL.........he thinks he's my biggest valentine's present LOL...............and he kinda sorta is LOL...........................................raven

I really love your post! It's nice to read it from someone who has been married many years.

Respected Contributor

On 2/7/2015 lulu2 said:
On 2/7/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Me too but I sure wouldn't leave him if he forgot Valentine's Day. Sometimes, a guy might just forget or have something pressing at work.

My advice to a woman who is married to a guy who forgets Valentine's Day is to make sure he never forgets again.{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Plus leave lots of hints around before the big day. But certainly, don't leave him if he forgot.

Awhile ago there was a post in Among Friends about a husband who forgot their anniversary and her birthday every year.

I think that does speak volumes.

Yes, it speaks volumes about the fact that the wife needs to make it very clear that a gift is very important to her....or at least some acknowledgement of the day. Things can be worked out in a marriage and walking away over not acknowledging holidays seems a bit rash to me.

I always wonder if these guys who forget were that way when they were dating the woman. How did they suddenly develop a memory problem?

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 esmeraldagooch said: We don't celebrate holidays.

We're just the opposite; we celebrate every holiday.

In elementary school, if you gave out valentines you had to give one to everyone in the class. My husband and I went to the parish school so we were in the same class K-8. I've received a valentine every year since 1955.{#emotions_dlg.wub}