Honored Contributor

Like many here, I use my iphone to shop - even at home, I'll reach for my iphone instead of laptop or iPad every single time.  Most stores have apps you can download, which make it easier than navigating a webpage with small font.  When I'm not at home, I never use public wi-fi.

Super Contributor

I very rarely use my computer. I do most everything on my iPad, just because it’s bigger than my phone. I find it so much faster and more convenient. I would never use public WiFi. Using cellular or my private WiFi is a lot more secure. 

Esteemed Contributor
@songbird wrote: 

. . .

The phone is amazing.  BIG screen. Use your thumb print to unlock.  It's the trend of the phone now because of the Iphone.  They seem to get bigger and bigger, but thinner!

The ever increasing size of the screen is your clue, smartphones are primarily a visual devise that is occasionally used for making phone calls.

I text, email, shop, etc but once a month I make a few calls to pay bills.

Honored Contributor

Our phones are hand held computers that also make phone calls.  Yes, I make purchases on my phone.  Not often because I prefer a larger screen when I shop.  I pretty much do everything on my phone that I do on my laptop or my tablet.  Except watch tv and movies.  I can't d that on a small phone screen.

Respected Contributor

I do everything on my iPad mini-with no monthly phone charges. Land line phone at home, cell phone for which we only buy minutes (no monthly fee) on the road. We don’t make or receive that many calls.

Honored Contributor

I barely use my phone for talking!

I have two store apps on it that I use for the coupons, that's it.

If I didn't have a cell phone I wouldn't care.