Honored Contributor

Re: Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

Car and Driver!  ALWAYS!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

[ Edited ]

Since I have autoimmune diseases and usually sitting in a wheelchair at a doc's office, I rarely have to touch anything.  Doors are opened for me, etc.  I haven't been sick from something contagious in a very long time.  If I do get sick, it's usually from a family member.  However, even then it's seldom because our whole family is very conscious of hand washing, coughing and sneezing into our inside elbows, etc.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

i dont have any problems with reading a magazine in a waiting room......i usually go for the celebrity gossip magazines. i always let my kids play with the toys and books in the pediatricians waiting room also when they were younger. i often have my phone or tablet with me also to check emails or play words with friends, but some offices require that you have your cell phones turned off.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I touch no magazines in the Doctor's office, I try to not touch anything to be honest.... It's bad enough sitting in the waiting area with people hacking without covering, yapping quite loudly on their cells, so we can all share in the conversation..  I read an article awhile back that said magazines in Doctor's office are chocked full of germs from so many hands touching them..  I keep mine to myself and oh yes I wash wash wash my hands.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

A sports magazine?      Never.

Regular Contributor

I've always brought my own reading material.  Magazines are usually old and as one other poster said she was a germaphobe and didn't want to touch them (paraphrasing).  I never thought I was a germaphobe but the older I get the worse I get. 

Honored Contributor

I make my appointments for the first hour after the office opens, so I never have to wait.   I don't touch the magazines, nor play with my phone.  

Honored Contributor

Celebrity Gossip Mag for me, I don't get those at home nor do I buy them,so I catch up on the dirt......

Respected Contributor

There's no way I'm touching those germy magazines, It's a doctor's office for gosh sakes. You know, sick people.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Do you choose the celebrity magazine, the for your home magazine, or the sports magazine? Just for the heck of it, what's your choice first?

I'd do the home/woman's info mag.

I very seldom have read in my hundreds of hours spent in waiting rooms, not just doctors offices. My preference is to strike up a conversation with someone that is waiting with the rest of us. Sometimes it takes awhile to do this, but it is a rare occasion that someone is not interested in talking.

When I feeling danged bad I usually wear my sun glasses to block any light and close my eyes and wait to be called, be it minutes, or as in many occasions, an hour or much longer.

hckynut(john)