Respected Contributor

Re: Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

Since DH has us subscribe to Nat Geo and Smithsonian I like to go for the really trashy stuff, usually w/the Kardashians on the cover-innocent amusement for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

@faeriemoon wrote:

I always have my Kindle with me when I go to a doctor's appointment.  I don't like touching the magazines in the office either.  

Me too! DH got me a Kindle for my birthday and that baby is a must have in my purse. You never know when you'll have to wait in line somewhere (or for someone) so I am always ready to read. I never touch those creeeeepy germ covered mags. UGH! I even don't like going to the movies anymore and sitting on those fabric covered seats. Goodness knows what people wipe on those suckers in the dark. (I don't even want to think about THAT!) I remember Oprah did a study on this once and it totally grossed me out. 

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I always have my Kindle with me when I go to a doctor's appointment.  I don't like touching the magazines in the office either.  

Me too! DH got me a Kindle for my birthday and that baby is a must have in my purse. You never know when you'll have to wait in line somewhere (or for someone) so I am always ready to read. I never touch those creeeeepy germ covered mags. UGH! I even don't like going to the movies anymore and sitting on those fabric covered seats. Goodness knows what people wipe on those suckers in the dark. (I don't even want to think about THAT!) I remember Oprah did a study on this once and it totally grossed me out. 

I'm the same about theater seats. You'd think they would steam clean those things every month or so, but most look like they have never been touched. When we come back from a theater, the clothing goes straight to the wash. Always taught my kid  to never lean his head back on a theater seat, unless his coat covered the back of the seat first (then the coat gets washed right away too!).

Honored Contributor

Our doctor doesn't make you wait very long but I generally play a game on my phone or just people watch. I wouldn't touch those magazines either.

Respected Contributor

I won't touch magazines in a doctor's office waiting room.  They are full of germs of sick people.  I bring my own book/magazine to read.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't touch any magazines, or chair handles.  I use a piece of TP to turn the door knob to open the door.  Carry antibacterial individual wipes after I'm out of the office.  Too many people who might have colds or worse, and some don't care about spreading their germs to others.   p.s.  Their pens are very bad, too.  In other words, don't use their pens, and then rub your eyes with your fingers.  Bad, bad.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

Here is an interesting tid bit of info....

I read that the magazines in waiting rooms are COVERED IN BACTERIA MOSTLY E COLI.

I can see that  as so many people pick them up with dirty hands.... just something to remember when you are in the waiting room and tempted to read a magazine. 

=

=============================                                                   And, please, please, don't go out and eat a sandwich, lunch or dinner without washing or sanitizing our hands.  OMGoodness............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

None, I always bring my own book. Now that my books are digital, it's even easier because any book I'm reading on my Kindle at home is also on my phone, so even if I forget my Kindle, I always have the book I'm reading with me.

Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@joannecha wrote:

I'm one of those "germophobes" so I don't like to touch magazines that have sat in a doc's office where people sneeze & cough on them. I usually bring a book or puzzle book to work on.

Me too. I would never touch one of those mags Yuck Smiley.jpg

Another germophobe, so I use my own pen too...

Honored Contributor

I typically choose my Kindle.  Or more recently, my pocket-sized coloring book.