Honored Contributor

Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

Do you choose the celebrity magazine, the for your home magazine, or the sports magazine? Just for the heck of it, what's your choice first?

I'd do the home/woman's info mag.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

Good Morning! I always go the celebrity magazine route...catch up on the latest dirt!

Respected Contributor

Re: Just for the heck of it...in a doctor's waiting room what magazine do you go for?

I always take my iPad now, so I don't look at the magazines anymore.  I usually work on some sort of puzzle to pass the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm one of those "dinosaurs" who still gets the newspaper delivered. So l bring it with me to read, and to do the sudoku and crossword puzzles to pass the time. This is the only way l don't lose my patience with an hour-long wait.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Oddly, I have experienced very little wait time at any appointments in the recent past, doctors, hair, car repairs, etc. I can't remember the last time I was annoyed by a long wait. If I do pick a mag up, it would be sports or medical.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

For me it would be any mag w/recipes. Second choice would be Celebrity.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I'm one of those "germophobes" so I don't like to touch magazines that have sat in a doc's office where people sneeze & cough on them. I usually bring a book or puzzle book to work on.

Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

I'm one of those "germophobes" so I don't like to touch magazines that have sat in a doc's office where people sneeze & cough on them. I usually bring a book or puzzle book to work on.

@joannecha

Hmmm....I never thought about that, good point!

I think I'll start taking my own mag from now on!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

none of those!  I go for Time or Newsweek Smiley Very Happy

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Trusted Contributor

Here is an interesting tid bit of info....

I read that the magazines in waiting rooms are COVERED IN BACTERIA MOSTLY E COLI.

I can see that  as so many people pick them up with dirty hands.... just something to remember when you are in the waiting room and tempted to read a magazine.