Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just for Fun! What's the Oldest Thing You Own..BUT Still Use?

A beautiful old rocking chair that my ex-witchy-MIL dug out of an old house she bought in the 60s. She wanted it back when her son and I divorced - I still have it in my LR.

Honored Contributor

I have some of my Moms vintage costume Jewelry from the 1950's and 60's

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Visitor

I also have a 42 yrs old Sunbeam hand mixer that still works!  My Betty Crocker cookbook is also 42 yrs old.

Respected Contributor

Fun topic...I enjoyed reading the responses. 

One of my oldest is my grandmother's sterling flatware.  I believe it was purchased in the 1920's and she used it until the 1970's.

One other loved thing is a stuffed Santa that I received when I was a very small child.  It goes out every year at Christmas.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Image result for vintage metal colander

This was my Mother's and I still use it.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably my grandparents solid cherry four-poster bed, which was custom-made for them. The bed and a matching dresser has been in our guest rooms since my grandmother moved into a retirement community in 1975.

My grandfather was 6'4" when they were married in 1918. The bed actually uses today's queen sheets. However, my grandparents had to use flat sheets throughout their married life due to the width and length of the custom mattresses. It's a gorgeous bedroom set. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Mine would have to be kitchen items. I still use the mixing bowls and Revere Ware pans that were my Moms, which she got for wedding gifts over 60 years ago! Isn't it funny how well some of the old things hold up compared to new things today! 

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

Image result for vintage metal colander

This was my Mother's and I still use it.

Oh Dear, I wasn’t even thinking of that as anybody’s “oldest”. I have these in two sizes, and the smaller one is “footless”. Still works.

Respected Contributor

I have 4 chairs I use in my dining room that belonged to my great grandmother who passed in the early 60's and she was around 82 or so. In fact that's where I'm sitting now. They have leather seats.

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella        ME!!!!!!!!