Honored Contributor

Re: Just flipped to HSN-Joy and Shannon

As soon as i hear Joy's voice or her name mentioned  the channel is changed!!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I've got a ton of em, lol. How long has Scentsy been around? I think they started the whole thing and now everyone sells them. Geez. It's ground breaking!!  

Its hard enough to find good melts with a strong throw and no waxy smell, I can only imagine how these melts are. 😟

Sorry to bash. I like Joy's hangers, roll up organizers, and her jewelry storage things, but this just tickled me.  The way they are carrying on about these things like its some new, great product. 

And Shannon....the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!

I think they've been around even longer than that.

Supposedly these have odor eliminating ingredients.  The price is great considering the melters are $10 apiece.    

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

As soon as i hear Joy's voice or her name mentioned  the channel is changed!!!

I do the same. I also do this when I see or hear Shannon. She wins first place for the MOST annoying and obnoxious shopping channel slaesperson. IMO, most of Joy's products are JUNK with a high price tag.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with those of you who do not like Shannon....she is so annoying that i can't watch her....its too bad that she is usually the one who kicks off their TS ....

I find that all the HSN hosts use the same line..."this (name the item) won't last through that airing..."....only to see it showing up over and over throughout the day....(if you watch that much..)and its still on at midnight.....

Of course the Q hosts have some annoying phrases they use that are turn off's too....

Hence I don't watch either shopping channel much...I am more inclined to look at the recently on air and purchase from that...only looking at the video if need be....

Trusted Contributor

Will anyone here go see the movie Joy starring Jennifer Lawrence.?

I was listening to an interview with Bradley Cooper, he said it is a good movie.

I watched a trailer for it, it seems interesting.

I am not sure I will go to a theater to see it, but I would watch it on Amazon.

I am a fan of Jennifer Lawrence/Bradley Cooper movies.  

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I was listening to an interview with Bradley Cooper, he said it is a good movie.

Tangential thinking or just disdain for the actual topic?

Trusted Contributor

I think the first one, LOL, I am not of fan of Joy's. I can't watch her at all.

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

Oh I can't wait to see the movie but I won't go to the theater. I rarely do anyway. There has to be something to her story to have attracted such heavy hitters. Can't wait to see Jennifer portray her. 

I have never felt the way I feel about Joy with any other actor, TV personality, etc. She drives me crazy, but yet I don't dislike her. I guess it's because she doesn't come off as fake or have that I'm better than you attitude. She just is what she is. I wonder if other people feel the same way and that's why she has been so successful. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@lenapecci wrote:

Oh I can't wait to see the movie but I won't go to the theater. I rarely do anyway. There has to be something to her story to have attracted such heavy hitters. Can't wait to see Jennifer portray her. 

I have never felt the way I feel about Joy with any other actor, TV personality, etc. She drives me crazy, but yet I don't dislike her. I guess it's because she doesn't come off as fake or have that I'm better than you attitude. She just is what she is. I wonder if other people feel the same way and that's why she has been so successful. 

Yes - I don't dislike HER (I don't know her!), I dislike her presentation style, her sales pitch...and her voice 😏. But I know nothing that would make me like or dislike her as a "human story." I almost never go see a movie - it's the rare film that would have me paying today's prices to be surrounded by noise and the inconsiderate. A film about Joy would be near the bottom of my desire to see.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the movie trailer in the theater.  

My BFF turned to me & said, "who the h*ll is Joy?"  There were a lot of question marks over many heads in the theater.  

The story line is from youth to TV presentation....lots of little girl, wedding & arrest scenes.  Have a feeling critics will say the story has too many 'legs'...the trailer had too many story lines, so extend it to 2 hours?  Oy. 

But she has a movie!  Amazing.  

I remember her 'back when'...kudos, Girl.

Kudos, indeed!