Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9.  I've not gotten a single phone call!  I have a very effective phone company screening device but occasional calls get through.  Have not had any recently at all.  I get the mailers and Broadway Joe.

@Kachina624 Would you mind sharing the name of the screening device? Tia!

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

I just this minute texted those exact words to a friend!  Except it was ...until we can kiss Joe Namath goodbye.

@VanSleepy 

Seeing Joe doing those ads it's hard to believe that back in his football glory days women were falling all over him. 

@shaggygirl  Well, considering it was around 50 years ago it really isn't hard to believe. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9.  I've not gotten a single phone call!  I have a very effective phone company screening device but occasional calls get through.  Have not had any recently at all.  I get the mailers and Broadway Joe.

@Kachina624 Would you mind sharing the name of the screening device? Tia!

@haddon9   I'm not Kachina, but I have a feature on my phone called No Solicitation (I'm in AZ, with CenturyLink or Lumen or whatever they call themselves these days) & a recording comes on & says something like "You have reached a number that does not accept solicitations, if you are a solicitor, please hang up now & add this number to your Do Not Call list".  I'm a retired phone co. worker & have concession, so I only pay the taxes on my my phone bill, so I'm not sure how much it costs.  Also, looking at my phone bill, I don't see it listed anymore, so I may be grandfathered in with it & it may not be offered anymore. 

I also have anonymous caller rejection & caller ID blocker, so by the time all the recordings play, whoever it is has hung up by the time it rings thru & makes my phone ring!  It's kind of a pain with automatic type recordings, because all I get is the tail-end of the recording, so if the call is from someplace important, like my pest control co. telling me when they're coming for my quarterly service, I have to call them back to find out the day & time.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9.  It's something the phone company, Century Link, put on my phone years ago.  When somebody calls they're told my number doesn't accept sales call.  If it's a sales call, please hang up and add to your do not call list.  If they don't hang up, and 95% do, my phone then rings.  If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I rarely get phone calls except those I recognize.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9.  It's something the phone company, Century Link, put on my phone years ago.  When somebody calls they're told my number doesn't accept sales call.  If it's a sales call, please hang up and add to your do not call list.  If they don't hang up, and 95% do, my phone then rings.  If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I rarely get phone calls except those I recognize.

@Kachina624 . Sounds great!  I have Verizon and I don't remember hearing about a service like that with them...I'll have to check it out.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 I have Verizon and will have to see if they offer something similar.   I can't stand all of the endless calls!!.....even though I signed up years ago to be on the "do not call list".

Trusted Contributor

I hope they are gone, I have gotten very familiar with the MUTE button on my remote.  But if memory serves, they went on throughout the year.  

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

And we will not have to listen to any more Medicare commercials!!!!!!

On a more serious note, just nine more days to get reduced shipping cost at See's Candies.Heart

@suzyQ3   What's this about reduced shipping on See's candy?  Every year I get this candy from kiosks at the malls around Atlanta. I was just wondering if the malls would have these kiosks this year. Hands down this is the best chocolate candy that I have found but the shipping costs are too steep for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

I just this minute texted those exact words to a friend!  Except it was ...until we can kiss Joe Namath goodbye.

@VanSleepy 

Seeing Joe doing those ads it's hard to believe that back in his football glory days women were falling all over him. 

@shaggygirl 

I am not a violent person, but wish I could tie Joe's hands behind his back, and duck-tape his mouth Smiley WinkSmiley Wink

@Xivambala 

OMG those hands.....but the mouth is the worst. Not the voice but the actual mouth. Maybe it's those teeth. 

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Just five more days!

@haddon9 wrote:

@aubnwa01 I have Verizon and will have to see if they offer something similar.   I can't stand all of the endless calls!!.....even though I signed up years ago to be on the "do not call list".

That has to be 'renewed' every so often. you might go there and sign in again just to be on safe side. I'm on the state do not call and one other forget what it is.