QVC Customer Care

Re: Just don't know what to say to the people of Orlando...

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I agree that prayers are just not enough.  We have to take action, in whatever form our conscience guides us to.  Donations, volunteer work, activism, etc.

I must say, that as a New Yorker (originally), after 9/11 there was a lot of sadness.  Certainly, New Yorkers picked themselves up and came together and did what they had to do to survive, but anyone who thinks there was "No Sadness" a few days after the devastation is just not living in reality.

Orlando will recover.  The human spirit will triumph.  But there is much healing to be done, and it will take time.  Wounds this deep don't disappear overnight.  Or in a week, a month, a year.

I heard someone on the news this morning say that, after a horrific tragedy such as the one that happened in Orlando, the survivors get up the next day, and then the next, and then they get through the first weekend, and then a week.  And a month,  a year.  They don't just get up the next day without sadness.   They do what they have to do.  They learn to live with the sadness.  And they learn how to live with their broken hearts.

Exactly I think as New Yorkers you learn to move and breath and the new normal is how you get on with your daily lives.

I have family in Israel and the Middle East, what happened there was just as tragic and will not be forgotten. But what are you going to do? Wail forever in the middle of the street? It is horrible and devastating to feel such hatred. But it is the new reality.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I agree that prayers are just not enough.  We have to take action, in whatever form our conscience guides us to.  Donations, volunteer work, activism, etc.

I must say, that as a New Yorker (originally), after 9/11 there was a lot of sadness.  Certainly, New Yorkers picked themselves up and came together and did what they had to do to survive, but anyone who thinks there was "No Sadness" a few days after the devastation is just not living in reality.

Orlando will recover.  The human spirit will triumph.  But there is much healing to be done, and it will take time.  Wounds this deep don't disappear overnight.  Or in a week, a month, a year.

I heard someone on the news this morning say that, after a horrific tragedy such as the one that happened in Orlando, the survivors get up the next day, and then the next, and then they get through the first weekend, and then a week.  And a month,  a year.  They don't just get up the next day without sadness.   They do what they have to do.  They learn to live with the sadness.  And they learn how to live with their broken hearts.

Exactly I think as New Yorkers you learn to move and breath and the new normal is how you get on with your daily lives.

I have family in Israel and the Middle East, what happened there was just as tragic and will not be forgotten. But what are you going to do? Wail forever in the middle of the street? It is horrible and devastating to feel such hatred. But it is the new reality.

I am a New Yorker too and I was there when the [north tower] trade center came down I saw it from where I used to work and I was also was there when the first incident happened in a basement of the trade center in Feb.1993. I also have a family member that was killed in Sandy hook school four years ago. Of course we need to go on with our lives but, that is not enough we need to have common sense laws when it comes to guns in this country.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

lately.

I'm sorry, my prayers are with you, you are in my thoughts....just doesn't seem like enough anymore. 

Grimme, night club shootings, little boy and alligator. How much more should this one area have to take right now?

That's because it's not enough.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Senator Chris Murphy summed it up perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

So did John Lewis @Mj12.
Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I just read a post in a forum saying they are cancelling their vacation to Orlando.  That might seem silly to some, but I certainly understand.  So much sadness, especially when you group this all together. 

Frankly I think that is ridiculous.