Honored Contributor

Re: Just don't know what to say to the people of Orlando...

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

lately.

I'm sorry, my prayers are with you, you are in my thoughts....just doesn't seem like enough anymore. 

Grimme, night club shootings, little boy and alligator.

Was I the only one reading this as...OP was praying for the alligator? 

🤔👏🐊

Yep, you're the only one that would think something that ridiculous. Great way to try to pick it apart, when you infact do 'get it'.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

lately.

I'm sorry, my prayers are with you, you are in my thoughts....just doesn't seem like enough anymore. 

Grimme, night club shootings, little boy and alligator.

Was I the only one reading this as...OP was praying for the alligator? 

🤔👏🐊

Yep, you're the only one that would think something that ridiculous. Great way to try to pick it apart, when you infact do 'get it'.

Praying for the alligator.

Heavens.  With these boards, posters & the carryin' on w/ this subject? 

Wouldn't surprise me....at.all. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I just read a post in a forum saying they are cancelling their vacation to Orlando.  That might seem silly to some, but I certainly understand.  So much sadness, especially when you group this all together. 

There is no "sadness" in Orlando.  The city is not wrapped in black and there is no weeping and gnashing of teeth.    Yes, the people who were drectly affected are struggling and grieving but the average man or woman on the street; the people who work and play in the theme parks; the people who work in the restaurants and souvenir shops are not sad and suffering.  The city has already gone back to business as usual.  Don't confuse the blah blah blah that's still playing out in the media with real life.  If you really want to support Orlando, go and have fun!  Enjoy the weather, the attractions, the theme parks, the food, the shopping.  Spend a little more money than you planned....to make up for the silly people who are cancelling their trips.

This is the most ridiculous statement I've seen posted in quite some time. No sadness, really? So 52 lost lives in less than a week is something to celebrate?

So everyone is in party hardy mood all across the city today? I think not.

She has lots of issues.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I just read a post in a forum saying they are cancelling their vacation to Orlando.  That might seem silly to some, but I certainly understand.  So much sadness, especially when you group this all together. 

There is no "sadness" in Orlando.  The city is not wrapped in black and there is no weeping and gnashing of teeth.    Yes, the people who were drectly affected are struggling and grieving but the average man or woman on the street; the people who work and play in the theme parks; the people who work in the restaurants and souvenir shops are not sad and suffering.  The city has already gone back to business as usual.  Don't confuse the blah blah blah that's still playing out in the media with real life.  If you really want to support Orlando, go and have fun!  Enjoy the weather, the attractions, the theme parks, the food, the shopping.  Spend a little more money than you planned....to make up for the silly people who are cancelling their trips.

This is the most ridiculous statement I've seen posted in quite some time. No sadness, really? So 52 lost lives in less than a week is something to celebrate?

So everyone is in party hardy mood all across the city today? I think not.

She has lots of issues.

Seems so.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that prayers are just not enough.  We have to take action, in whatever form our conscience guides us to.  Donations, volunteer work, activism, etc.

I must say, that as a New Yorker (originally), after 9/11 there was a lot of sadness.  Certainly, New Yorkers picked themselves up and came together and did what they had to do to survive, but anyone who thinks there was "No Sadness" a few days after the devastation is just not living in reality.

Orlando will recover.  The human spirit will triumph.  But there is much healing to be done, and it will take time.  Wounds this deep don't disappear overnight.  Or in a week, a month, a year.

I heard someone on the news this morning say that, after a horrific tragedy such as the one that happened in Orlando, the survivors get up the next day, and then the next, and then they get through the first weekend, and then a week.  And a month,  a year.  They don't just get up the next day without sadness.   They do what they have to do.  They learn to live with the sadness.  And they learn how to live with their broken hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

I would say to pray for all involved - the families of all victims, the brave first responders, and all medical staff.  I do believe in the power of prayer.  All these people will be suffering their own form of grief and shock for a very long time, some of them forever.

Please donate to the fund established.

Please take action to any cause related to this incident within your belief system.

Also, please adjust your thinking that anyone involved, or indeed any member of the Orlando community, will just "bounce back" after such a tragedy.  It takes a lot of time and mourning before this happens.

Speaking for myself only, 9/11 broke my heart.  And living in Connecticut, such a tiny state, Sandy Hook broke my heart so personally.  We did not celebrate Christmas that year.  And there is not a day that goes by, I can honestly tell you, that I don't think about that day of horror.  Living here, we certainly got much more information than what was nationally known.  As badly as we all feel about Orlando, it is so much worse when you are living so close to any event.  That's just a fact as I know it.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I would say to pray for all involved - the families of all victims, the brave first responders, and all medical staff.  I do believe in the power of prayer.  All these people will be suffering their own form of grief and shock for a very long time, some of them forever.

Please donate to the fund established.

Please take action to any cause related to this incident within your belief system.

Also, please adjust your thinking that anyone involved, or indeed any member of the Orlando community, will just "bounce back" after such a tragedy.  It takes a lot of time and mourning before this happens.

Speaking for myself only, 9/11 broke my heart.  And living in Connecticut, such a tiny state, Sandy Hook broke my heart so personally.  We did not celebrate Christmas that year.  And there is not a day that goes by, I can honestly tell you, that I don't think about that day of horror.  Living here, we certainly got much more information than what was nationally known.  As badly as we all feel about Orlando, it is so much worse when you are living so close to any event.  That's just a fact as I know it.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

@PamfromCT,God bless Chris M..

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Lila Belle.  A brilliant mind, a strong spine and fearless.  

Esteemed Contributor

The Former Lover (a male) of the shooter was interviewed by a News Jouralist. They were lovers for two months.  Said the wife knew of his orientation.  He also told the FBI and the news journalist that the shooter was angry at Puerto Ricans because they treated him badly.  One lover didn't tell him he had HIV.  His motive for doing what he did was revenge.  He really needed to just be honest with himself and his inclinations.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust