Trusted Contributor

Could someone please explain what it means that my post about rescue animals was reposted by the mods?  I don't understand, does that mean its been removed or posted in another forum? If its removed does anyone know why?  thank you for your help.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

Could someone please explain what it means that my post about rescue animals was reposted by the mods?  I don't understand, does that mean its been removed or posted in another forum? If its removed does anyone know why?  thank you for your help.  

@sophiesofers. Postings about that subject in general seem to be deemed taboo here (for, I assume, being political or controversial or both).  Threads on that subject have been removed so posting on that subject is, it looks like, considered a repost.  Your thread wasn't about the entire subject generally but rather a specific point, yet it was still that subject.

I don't know of course because I'm not a mod, but I'm surmising.

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers I *think* that anything to do with Afghanistan is considered off limits as those posts get pulled. Just a guess. I know this was only about animal rescue. I saw this same story on a FB page I keep up with.

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers   I don't see a post authored by you about rescues so it may have been removed.  Impossible to say why without having seen it.  You can email the mods and ask at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com but don't be surprised if they don't reply. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All threads questioning moderators about anything will be removed.  So, don't expect yours will be here long.  

The reason given was your thread was reposted.  Did you post it twice?  I didn't see the first post here; however, if it was removed, I wouldn't see it.  

It appears we are not allowed to post anything about animal welfare.  I didn't read your post so I don't know what it was about.  

Trusted Contributor

You are not alone. For the past three weeks I have had messages that I have been banned for challenging a reposting; I don't even know what that means. Called CS and the woman was very nice....but she didn't know what it meant either. Said I wasn't banned and that was not a message they use, but still couldn't get into the forums for four days.....also error messages, and account blocked messages. They come and go. IT updates needed badly at QVC. They need to get things straightened out before the holidays. I think many are already doing their Christmas shopping and will just move to other sites if they keep getting kicked off. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee   ok, thank you!  I thought that the post itself would be ok, but I guess around here, who knows!  Anyway, thank you @Pearlee  for answering me.  And I still pray for all those animals.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just confused

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sophiesofers   I don't see a post authored by you about rescues so it may have been removed.  Impossible to say why without having seen it.  You can email the mods and ask at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com but don't be surprised if they don't reply. 

@Kachina624. I think my post was pretty close to the answer. I saw the OP's thread.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sophiesofers wrote:

@sophiesofers. Postings about that subject in general seem to be deemed taboo here (for, I assume, being political or controversial or both).  Threads on that subject have been removed so posting on that subject is, it looks like, considered a repost.  Your thread wasn't about the entire subject generally but rather a specific point, yet it was still that subject.

I don't know of course because I'm not a mod, but I'm surmising.

@Pearlee@sophiesofers 

@Pearlee  is correct. I posted a thread about something else to do with this main subject and was deleted.

I emailed the Mods who verified this.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Just confused

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee I've seen more than 1 very disturbing post about animal welfare that I skipped and they were not removed.

The OP's post had to do with rescuing animals in Afghanistan and there's the rub IMO. Nothing to do with that country seems to be allowed.

There have been lots of animal welfare posts.