Honored Contributor

Re: Just came back from the supermarket

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SilleeMee 

The $99 Express Membership works out to around $8.25  say $11 with the Service Fee/Tax......it is well worth it for me...

@Spurt 

Yes, well worth it especially now. I can get a monthly Instacart membership for $9.99. I might consider the yearly one, however, because of the current status of things.

@SilleeMee 

For me its a good deal especially with heavy 30 lb bags of kitty litter and big bags of cat food, laundry detergent and other real heavy items...and depending on your area, they can also shop other stores at the same time for you too....Target, CVS, Petco, and other speciality stores like sprouts, natural groceries, sams, costco.....etc

My sister tried Shipt but nothing left in the store except for ONE item on her list so she really couldnt say how their service was...she canceled the order....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

sams club  letting in 10 at a time went when opened //line still when leaving

no milk or paper products

limit one meat

one water

one egg    worker told woman next to me can't get 2 or 3 eggs and  I said yes they do have signs up

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

If you chose the yearly, must save a payment method...it automatically renews, they will send you an email to remind you.....but you can go online and cancel.  Here's the rules about canceling.... 

Cancelling your membership renewal will not cancel your active membership for the current period, or issue a refund for a membership renewal charge.

*For all members, you may cancel your Instacart Express membership within the first 15 calendar days of your paid Instacart Express membership and receive a refund of the Instacart Express membership fee you paid, but only if you have not placed any orders using your Instacart Express membership. If you cancel at any other time, you will not receive a refund, but you can continue to enjoy the Free Deliveries through the end of your billing period.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

i went two places yesterday (three if you count the bank drive thru.)

sams club around 2pm (no lines to get in, no lines to check out)......

no chicken at all (rotisserie chickens were roasting)

a nice amount of beef items

small amount of pork items

lots of sausages and bacon.

no milk except for vanilla almond milk.

no eggs

very little of any cleaning product

plenty of waters (limit 2 of each brand)

no toilet paper

no paper towels

lots of napkins and kleenex

very little frozen foods

only a few choices in fresh fruit

very little in fresh vegetables.

a short line at the pharmacy

no one wearing masks or gloves ( a few staff members were wearing gloves), handing out a sheet of a sanitizing wipe as you enter.

grocery store around 3pm (no lines to get in, short lines to check out.):

no chicken

a little beef

a little pork

lots of seafood

no prepackaged lunch meats or hot dogs

no eggs

plenty of milk

plenty of bread

no toilet paper

no paper towels

not too many cleaning products

very little bottled waters

very little juices

some fruits and vegetables, but not a large selection

very little canned goods

no vitamin C, no zinc

a line at the pharmacy

announcements over their PA system that they were hiring

no customers wearing gloves, one customer wearing a heavy duty mask. cashiers not wearing gloves.

overall, not a bad experience. could not get everything i wanted, but still did okay. no one seemed rushed or in a panic. people did seem a little more subdued.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee   So happy to hear this!  I think there is something called Instacart Express or something like that where you can pay a fee and then all of your deliveries are free.  Try to be around your computer/phone before the timeframe they gave you for delivery.  You can watch the shopper in real time -- text with them -- and approve substitutions.  Given the way we are all living now -- it was the most excitement I had in days!!!  😂  Also -- you can add to your order until right before the shopper starts to shop.  My original order was all healthy food -- but as the days went on and I kept adding things -- that changed.  Big time!!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : Yesterday around 5 pm my Publix was sold out on cheese, bread, can goods, no dried beans, laundry and cleaning supplies. Tuesday am was in Fresh Market for the chuck and chicken special and people indicated told by workers at Publix they hoped to have the store fully stocked by Thursday- so just don't know. We have a rumor going around that the next thing will be a two week national stay at home when the national guard is fully equipped and in place. Just don't know what to expect. Just stating what I have heard and experienced. Muscogee County has first confirmed case and already out of test kits. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I'm 67 with several underlying health issues.

Just a common pneumonia puts me in the hospital

I am not going to shop along side others with a weak immunity, I'll take my chances with the 20 somethings.

I had to make a deposit at the bank drive thru Thursday.   I also stopped at 3 small retail stores for necessities.   This was around noon.  I  would say it was as busy as any weekday.

I wore gloves.  A couple of others were wearing gloves and all the employees as well.

People were practicing their social distancing which I love any time.   I'm a germaphobe   I was already stocked up on food, Lysol, wipes, water, etc.   This is the way I live all the time.   A small part of me will hate it when life gets back to normal.

Honored Contributor

So I went food shopping this morning at King Kullen ( they aren't doing the early shopping for seniors yet). I get there at 7:00, the parking lot is empty, I knew it was too good to be true, they were closed! They now open at 8:00 ( they were a 24 hour store), I went home came back at 8:00, there was a line to get into the store. They are still not well stocked, eggs were on sale, they had no eggs, they also are not giving out rainchecks. They are also limiting customers to only two of any item.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I went on Walmart pick up service last night at midnight.  No pick up times available.  At 12:05 am, up pops availability for Saturday pick up.  I could have picked any time I wanted and did pick one just to see if it worked.  I deleted it because I don't need anything but maybe some TP and they had none.  Apparently that's the time to check.

Does anyone buy and keep on hand shelf stable milk?  It's available in almond, low fat and whole milk and needs no refrigeration until opened.  Tastes exactly like regular fresh milk.  You find it with the canned milk in flat topped cartons.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee   I went on Walmart pick up service last night at midnight.  No pick up times available.  At 12:05 am, up pops availability for Saturday pick up.  I could have picked any time I wanted and did pick one just to see if it worked.  I deleted it because I don't need anything but maybe some TP and they had none.  Apparently that's the time to check.

Does anyone buy and keep on hand shelf stable milk?  It's available in almond, low fat and whole milk and needs no refrigeration until opened.  Tastes exactly like regular fresh milk.  You find it with the canned milk in flat topped cartons.

@Kachina624 

Good to know about the time to place an order for pick up.

About the milk...I buy NIDO dry whole milk powder. Find it in the 'ethnic' food section at WM...if it's there.