Honored Contributor

Re: Just came back from the supermarket

Our Govenor has asked over and over of people, "Please don't hoard, just get your weekly groceries and leave some for everyone else".  We plan on stopping by Walmart this morning and I know the shelves will be bare..  @SilleeMee I believe you, we are having to ration.

This is 2020 and so unbelievable..  elbow hugs to everyone.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach 

I'm splitting my 2-ply TP to use only half (1-ply)...just kidding!Woman LOL LOL!

Valued Contributor

A friend of mine went yesterday to the early senior hours.  She said that the store was packed -- and many people there did not fit the age restriction.  Yesterday was the first day for this store so hopefully things will improve.  

If you have the option to use Instacart in your area -- it is a great service.  I had never used it before.  Simple to use.  I was online when the shopper was putting together my order.  I was able to immediately approve (or not) replacements if an item on my list was not available.  I was also able to text with her the whole time she was doing the shopping and she was the one who delivered my order.  Excellent experience all around.

Honored Contributor

I just got back from Whole Foods.  8-9 am for 60+ shoppers.  

They were checking ID's at the door! When I entered, and when I left, people were turned away if they were under 60

The shelves were fairly well stocked.  There were signs up, saying which items had a limit.  

I did not bring in my reusable bags, because I felt at this time, it's safer to use disposable ones.  At checkout, they said they were running low on bags, and trying to conserve. 

There was tp in small packages, but I didn't need any.  After I returned my cart, it was taken and immediately disinfected.  

Overall, I'd say they're doing their best to keep us safe and keep us fed!

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 

Most every grocery delivery service near me is booked solid for eternity. No one, that I know of, is taking any orders for delivery. In other words, I have to go to the store to get my stuff...if there is any stuff there is questionable.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee   Did you try Instacart?  That was the way it was here last week.  Now there is availability -- at least near me and 2 other friends in different parts of the country.  I think it probably also depends on how many different stores there are to choose from in any given area.  Where I live in CT there are numerous choices.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I went to 2 local groceries yesterday. Mostly needed milk & produce. 

I will make do with what I have for the forseeable future. If I really need something, it will be Aldi or the local butcher shop- both small and quick in & out.

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 My store was similar.  Several people wearing masks, some with disposable gloves and all seemed to be respectful of keeping their distance. 

Lots of empty shelves too.

Respected Contributor

I go to Wegman's before 8 a.m. every week and there are usually not many people shopping at that time. That is no longer the case. People waiting to check out snaking up the aisles to keep distance making it hard to get thru. Shelves are empty of paper goods, cleaning products, etc. Wish you all well and bless you.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG   Just a few suggestions - in lieu of grnd beef, you can use grnd turkey or grnd chicken, try bison too, there's no diff in taste between beef and bison, your family will never know the difference.