Super Contributor

Re: Just because you've followed the saga...

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Laura14    I'm sorry you are going through this.

DS told us a new management company is coming in. He "may" get to keep his job at 50% (yes 50) pay cut.  He says his industry will not recover for 6 years.  He is an executive hotel chef.

Wow, what a bitter pill to have to have to swallow.  And learning of such at this time, can’t even imagine. Truly hope there is a rainbow at the end of this storm for your family.

Super Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@BeautyLver   Who do you think I am when the sale happens in a few weeks?  Those people your heart bleeds for with zero income and an uncertain future live closer than you think.  And my unemployment check will be a lot smaller than everyone else's and not last as long because it's not due to the pandemic.   

Bad things happen to good people because greedy people are allowed to get away with unethical business practices. At least the virus is being a virus.  What do the people kicking their fellow human beings while they're down use as their excuse?

I'm allowed to vent about ugly people in my life who are using their power for evil rather than the greater good.  I'm allowed to point that out and say it's not okay.  And I will everytime because they'll do it to the next person maybe even someone you're currently praying for too.    

You seem very immature.  FYI... Most of us who have had long-standing careers, have been in the workforce a long time...have had to deal with, been subjected to a slew of unfair scenarios, heartache...had to face and deal with much we never would have imagined.  Life is sometimes very unfair, fact.  If you do not like what is happening in your circumstances, change something.  You can’t control anything, anyone excep you.  

Valued Contributor

You've posted a lot about living in your Mom's house for years and saving money you'd otherwise spent on rent or mortgage & utilities etc, so even with the job problems you're in a better position than some people @Laura14.   Also so many posts about hating your job or at least the people you worked for, hating the Atlanta living area etc.  I think @BeautyLver's point well taken & counting blessings would benefit you.  At least you do have a place to live, you said before you had money saved & a job offer for pharmacy work & your good prospects for writing as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14   I thought you were offered a Phamacy job so you could quit this pain in the A** job you have now that you hate? 

I am so confused by your posts about this issue? 

Respected Contributor

Oh, lordy.  I am so sorry for all those who are shaky right now.

Respected Contributor

Too bad you have a job, shrug. Unfortunately, your employers don't monitor the office computers. They would see the hundreds of social media personal texts you "produce" on their computers while they're paying you. Not even counting how much you hate the management and your co-workers, that's another issue.

But, there is a silver lining, lol. They would fire you. Then, quoting you, a "60 day fully paid temporary vacation at home" would be yours for the " taking" as you seem to think. The rest of the tirade is too histrionic to read. However, the horror of working with "evil" people would end, you'd get the money, tax cuts, blah, blah, blah. 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14   You do You!! Don't pay attention to the haters here. You have the right to vent!!  What is going on the world today has nothing to do with what you are going through.  You would be getting entirely different responses if it were not for this evil virus.

I care..don't go away.Heart

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@Laura14   You do You!! Don't pay attention to the haters here. You have the right to vent!!  What is going on the world today has nothing to do with what you are going through.  You would be getting entirely different responses if it were not for this evil virus.

I care..don't go away.Heart

When did she say she was going away?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @grandma2pkmh .  Speaking out has its reward.  I started a mini uproar with us peons last night and it spread today.  The pay cut has now been limited late this afternoon to salaried personnel only. Chalk up a victory for us.  Smiley Very Happy 

To others here, someone has to stick up and say something since bad behavior like this is so often excused away as evidenced all over this thread.  Truth brought to light hurts and I'm glad I shamed those who would take advantage.  No employee should have to do that and have less peace in their lives especially now.  Hopefully, others will stand up for themselves against bad employers too.  Sometimes you do win one.

As to the pharmacy, because I work for a bad employer, I was certified as a pharmacy tech almost two years ago and am actively looking to switch careers.  The one place that interviewed me only offered part time and I am still in a holding pattern as to my availability for that job.  So still at old place looking to transition to new.  

And I hate to break @Silver Lining's image of me wasting company resources but I'm working mainly offsite with minimal office time and have typed every post from own computer at home.   You know what they say about assumptions...  Smiley Surprised

And finally, just because I have been judicious with the little bit that I do have doesn't mean I don't matter or have long term stability. Most of that savings was in a 401k (guess what's happened to that) and I do pay rent and household bills.  Never ever would I have a free ride nor would an Italian mother give me one.  She wanted to generate income for her retirement.  Enter me with a landlord I can trust and a tenant she can rely on.

Normally I would not explain myself but I want those who do lurk and find themselves in similar situations, no matter where on the financial scale you fall, you matter.  You always matter.  

And others may not understand financial realities because they haven't put a roof over their head in decades or been in the working world which has transformed tremendously with technology and Millenials.  Or have ever been on their own without a financial partner or looking for work later in life.

I know others here get it.  And it's harder to get ahead now than ever before and most of what we've built has been lost once again.  Someone kicking you while you're down to boost themselves financially without just cause is criminal.  

Speak up when you can.  It's the only way people someday are going to get it.  There but for the grace of God go I is a mantra everyone should meditate on here.  You all have your own challenges.  So do I.  And I share them for better or worse sometimes but never believe you have the full picture.  None of us can on this medium.

Bottom line, don't be dismissive or judgemental without walking the walk.  If someone's venting pain, there are a couple posts here that are great ideas of what to do and I thank them profusely for it.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Now that "the pay cut has been limited", do you plan to stay on at this job?