Honored Contributor

Re: Just a warning about easy pay and returns!

The amount we pay to QVC for shipping the item to us has not been refunded for a few years now.  The only time it is refunded is for returns on defective items.

Super Contributor

Well, color me stupid. I just realized that shipping was in the first payment and yes, I did know that they don’t refund shipping charges, that’s why they took off the $7.50. I don’t know where my head was. I guess that’s why I usually only buy when there’s free shipping. I guess that’s what I’m going to try to do is only buy if it’s free shipping. Duh!

Contributor

Christmas I ordered 5 pieces of jewelry, 2 from JAI, 1 Diamond, 2 from Judith Ripka.  All 5 pieces arrived in the same shipping box, and all 5 pieces were in Judith Ripka boxes.

When I returned all 5 pieces, in the same shipping box with the one lable that was provided in the box, I was charged the 6.99 per each jewelry box individualy from my refund.

Needless to say......that finishes QVC for me. 

Honored Contributor

My warning would be that we know policies wherever we shop,  QVC announced several years ago that they would no longer return shipping and handling costs. That’s not new. And they have always divided the tax and shipping costs just as they do the item cost so I wouldn’t expect to have the total costs returned unless I had paid the, whole cost already. 

I believe hsn used to collect the whole shipping and tax in the first flex pay. I have no idea what they do now but I would learn if I found something to buy there.

Honored Contributor

@Evansmimi wrote:

Christmas I ordered 5 pieces of jewelry, 2 from JAI, 1 Diamond, 2 from Judith Ripka.  All 5 pieces arrived in the same shipping box, and all 5 pieces were in Judith Ripka boxes.

When I returned all 5 pieces, in the same shipping box with the one lable that was provided in the box, I was charged the 6.99 per each jewelry box individualy from my refund.

@Evansmimi

i dont think that should have happened.

you should send an email to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com immediately so that they can remedy the situation. you can also start a separate post in the customer care forum to get their attention.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Is there an itemized receipt for a return?  I don't remember ever seeing one--just an amount.

Super Contributor

@Sooner, no there’s not. I mentioned that to the reps that I talked to that might be helpful. 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@Sooner, no there’s not. I mentioned that to the reps that I talked to that might be helpful. 

@Toot1920  QVC is the only retailer I have EVER dealt with that does not itemize a return if it is several amounts.  It's just absurd that they do business that way.  And don't tell me the computer can't or won't.  It can sure add up those amounts in a hurry!  

Respected Contributor

It’s a pretty common practice for merchants to not refund original shipping on returns handled by mail.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Evansmimi wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Evansmimi wrote:

Christmas I ordered 5 pieces of jewelry, 2 from JAI, 1 Diamond, 2 from Judith Ripka.  All 5 pieces arrived in the same shipping box, and all 5 pieces were in Judith Ripka boxe

@Evansmimi

i dont think that should have happened.

you should send an email to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com immediately so that they can remedy the situation. you can also start a separate post in the customer care forum to get their attention.

@EvansmimiAnd if you don't, you have more money than sense!

Keepin' it real.