Honored Contributor

Please make sure you check with your local food bank or other organization to find out exactly what they need.

Most will have a list of most wanted items and some also prefer cash depending upon their set up to purchase food.

Our food bank also asks for diapers, baby food, and pet food

And please, never donate what you cleaned out of a food closet because the item expired.

Don't donate what you will not eat because it is old.  (Same with clothing-do not donate what you would not wear because of stains, etc.)

Most will also really appreciate volunteers to hand out boxes/bags of food during food drives, too.

Our food bank is feeding 58,000 people/families PER WEEK.

Donate responsibly, being mindful of what is really requested and donateHeart accordingly.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I had anticipated Boy Scout Food drive but they are doing differently.  Doing money contributions and setting up some drop off points.  Sad for scouts as its a beautiful experience.

Honored Contributor

I made a donation to our local Food Bank, and our church food drive.....Your reminder was timely....I got something in the mail, but forgot about it....THANKS @suzyQ3 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Auntg
my postal service didn't do it this year, and I'm very disappointed...and wonder why they didn't?
preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:
Auntg
my postal service didn't do it this year, and I'm very disappointed...and wonder why they didn't?

@cowboy sam 

look at how poorly the postal service has done their work this past year. adding something like that on top of what they are supposed to be doing would have put them further behind. covid has not helped either.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

SuzyQ3!

Your kind thoughts are welcome and I do hope people think of the many in need as the holiday season arrives.  I always send money to a local food bank and have been for awhile.  I care about families who are struggling, animals who need care and everyone staying as safe as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and  continue to have that compassion for others.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

SuzyQ3!

Your kind thoughts are welcome and I do hope people think of the many in need as the holiday season arrives.  I always send money to a local food bank and have been for awhile.  I care about families who are struggling, animals who need care and everyone staying as safe as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and  continue to have that compassion for others.

Happy Holidays to you, too, @spiderw Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I donated the money I would've spent on gifts, to the local groups feeding the hungry.