Honored Contributor

Re: Just a observation - Sr Shopping Hours (Food store)

@lovescats wrote:

they said on the news last night a local target was having the early morning shopper hour this week and it was for seniors, pregnant women, and people with pre existing conditions so isn't that everyone?

No, not really, @lovescats, but the problem would be verification.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

an idea that just is not going to work.  One person on my neighborhood network said that when she went is was like anyone and everyone was allowed in... no one was watching the door... she said it was a joke.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

an idea that just is not going to work.  One person on my neighborhood network said that when she went is was like anyone and everyone was allowed in... no one was watching the door... she said it was a joke.

@SeaMaiden   Hmmm.....wonder if all those shoppers use "Yup" instead of "Yes".

Our area ran smoothly.  They say "Y'all" here.

Just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

I went last Friday and waited until a little past 7 am, to respect the senior hours (6-7am).  The store was packed! I have never seen it so crowded, not even on holidays.  I was bending down to get an orange juice and a woman, who looked to be in the senior hour age group said to me, "please keep your distance".....I could have said, please shop your hours or you do the same, but I was respectful.  She took me off guard honestly.

Honored Contributor

I was talking to an employee of Sam's Club.

The reason she said that Senior Hours are early is because the employees do an extra through scrub down of the store when it closes at night. So the store is at it "cleanest" in the morning.

So hopefully when the Seniors are shopping during those early hours, they are exposed to the fewest viruses and germs. She said that everything that you touch in the store is wiped down or scrubbed with disinfectant cleaner. Even she said she was impressed with what a good job they did cleaning the store everynight.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

they said on the news last night a local target was having the early morning shopper hour this week and it was for seniors, pregnant women, and people with pre existing conditions so isn't that everyone?

I think that is debatable but I don't want to argue with you and you have the right to privacy with pre existing conditions.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Hmmm.....wonder if all those shoppers use "Yup" instead of "Yes".

Our area ran smoothly.  They say "Y'all" here.

Just sayin'.

Please do not talk to me anymore @Cakers3 ....yup know why. Mean poster...if you can not move on...than just stay away from me. 

Honored Contributor

sounds iike it might be better to have the ladies give you their shopping list and you brave the stores for them on your own later in the day....sounds safer to avoid the senior hours!

Honored Contributor

I ordered my groceries from Kroger and went to pick them up at my reserved time and parking space. They were out of only three things on my list so I was thrilled not to have to deal with the rough and tumble customers inside the store who are still grabbing things like it is the last food they will ever see. I am staying out of that scene as long as I can.
Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

I think that is debatable but I don't want to argue with you and you have the right to privacy with pre existing conditions.

@lovescats, all I meant is that there are tons of people who don't fit any of the conditions. So no, isn't "everyone."

Yes, privacy would be on of the verication problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland