Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a friendly comment about St. Pat's Day

If people are proud of their heritage, there is nothing wrong with sharing that pride.

And as to why they sell Irish stuff, and not Mexican, Italian, etc, is because St. Patrick's Day is an unofficial holiday.

Sure, there's Cinco de Mayo, but, what Italian, etc, holiday, do we Americans go all out for?

I can't think of any.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 muttmom said:
On 3/16/2015 ncascade said:

If you should talk to one of the hosts on air PLEASE don't tell them you have Irish heritage. It is so annoying to hear that over and over again.

I'm not on air but I thought I'd tell you, I have Irish heritage.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} muttmom

I don't have an ounce of Irish heritage. I am only Irish through marriage.Wink {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Americans celebrate many holidays, especially July 4th, and other holidays too, which bring great passion and pride to their American Heritage, and memories of their American Foundling Fathers.

Everyone should be darn proud of their heritage and refer to it whenever they wish.

There are not too many things as precious as what we are born into, so we should indulge, enjoy, and be very proud to be the heritage we are.........and if that offends anyone perhaps they should learn human compassion and tolerance, or how to ignore what is offending them.