Trusted Contributor

Just a cute incident that happened today At the grocery store

I asked for help out with my groceries  as I had a lot of heavy items.  This I would say 17 year old  bag boy told me I looked so great for my age(?!)  as we walked to the car I told him I was 60.... He said "oh! You look 40! You have no wrinkles and look much younger than other women I help out.   He said he was surprised I needed a cane( I had hip surgery recently, thus the cane).  I had chuckle because he was so charming! I told him to keep giving women compliments.... It will work for you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a cute incident that happened today At the grocery store

@June2 wrote:

I asked for help out with my groceries  as I had a lot of heavy items.  This I would say 17 year old  bag boy told me I looked so great for my age(?!)  as we walked to the car I told him I was 60.... He said "oh! You look 40! You have no wrinkles and look much younger than other women I help out.   He said he was surprised I needed a cane( I had hip surgery recently, thus the cane).  I had chuckle because he was so charming! I told him to keep giving women compliments.... It will work for you. 

Awww...that was sweet...Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Bless his heart...;-)

Valued Contributor

Oh. So YOU'RE the one who walks off with all the baggers when I'm the next person in line.

lol

(Just joking) Smiley Very Happy

Suave is suave at 17 or 70.

(And its always good to know that use of a cane doesn't cause wrinkles). Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

I hope this kid got a good tip!  He was definitely trying for one!

Honored Contributor

I predict a brilliant future for this kid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

WOW - what a cutie - even IF he was working for tip!!!!  I would have tipped him big and would be looking for him at every shopping trip!!!  LOL

Respected Contributor

That is so cute!  What a sweet heart!

For the past week I have been given the "yes, mam" several times. It always makes me feel old. I have never lived in the south so the phrase is reserved mostly for the elderly.

Well, tonight at dinner the bus boy kept calling me miss. I asked mr henny if miss is what they call the very elderly or just the slightly elderly.