Regular Contributor

I have been wondering every time that I see a mattress sale on QVC and it is stressed that it can be returned I cannot believe that one that would be returned would be sold to some unsuspecting future purchaser.  What do they do with these returns?

Esteemed Contributor

When I bought my bed (not from QVC) they told me I had a 100 day trial. If I didn't like it they would come and pick it up and donate it to a women's shelter. So I assume that is where they send them or someplace similar.

Esteemed Contributor

I may be wrong but I think there is a law against reselling returned bedding,unless it is stated as such.

Trusted Contributor

Pillows also cannot be donated.

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I may be wrong but I think there is a law against reselling returned bedding,unless it is stated as such.

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what QVC does with the returned ones.  A few years ago when I needed a new one I went to a local store.  When I asked what I should do with the old one, the sales rep told me for a small fee (I think it was $20) they would take it, clean it, refurbish it, and donate it to a women's shelter to help with the tranisition from the shelter to their own housing.  I think it was money well spent.  

Esteemed Contributor

@I am appleblossom, yes, they are donated to charity. I have a friend who sells $1,500 mattresses for $200 and some of these are only used for a week and then donated if the customers are not happy.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am appleblossom, yes, they are donated to charity. I have a friend who sells $1,500 mattresses for $200 and some of these are only used for a week and then donated