Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

I, too, am a dog lover and owner and I agree with @Tx Starlight and @January121 as well.  

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Why would she even take her PIT BULL into PetSmart????? I'd leave the store if I were a customer. NO - Her dog doesn't belong in other stores.

@kivah

why? because petsmart and petco allow pets in the store. my daughter has a pitbull and they take it into petsmart and petco often.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

Why would she even take her PIT BULL into PetSmart????? I'd leave the store if I were a customer. NO - Her dog doesn't belong in other stores.

@kivah

why? because petsmart and petco allow pets in the store. my daughter has a pitbull and they take it into petsmart and petco often.

Yes, if the store allows it, then why not?  We want people to honor store policies that say no, but the flip side of that is also honoring policies that say yes.  She had every right to bring her dog into a store that allowed it.

Other than at PetSmart, Petco, and those type of stores, I very rarely sees dogs of any size or breed in any stores at all.  I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw a dog in a store anywhere.

Respected Contributor

I just returned from a group sporting event trip. We all stayed in the same hotel, as a group. I noticed there was a $25. fee for animals staying in the hotel. (I don't have a problem with this), and I did notice 1 of our group brought their dog. The sporting event was a few days long. There were no animals allowed in the sports complex, this meant their poor little dog had to be left alone in a strange place.

**However I never saw 1 of their children (age 11-12ish) at the sports complex, so maybe she stayed at the hotel with the dog. I DO have a problem with this! I would never leave a child-girl, alone in a hotel, where most employees do not speak English! I will never understand people these days!

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@Mom2Dogs I agree. I'm not a "dog person", but there are places dogs don't belong. Just recently, I've seen dogs everywhere! I know people will attack me for stating my feelings. Many people started bringing their dogs to baseball games lately. I do not feel they need to be there, for fear of dogs attacking each other (you never how dogs react to other dogs).  I'm slightly scared of all large dogs. I was trying to walk around a rather large dog on a leash, but the owner kept letting it come closer to me, thinking I wanted to pet the dog. Even if dogs are on a leash, they can try to bite other dogs, or people. I wish more people were considerate  of people who are not "pet people". 

Ps. I know I'll regret posting this.

thank you for your post...i totally agree....

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I just returned from a group sporting event trip. We all stayed in the same hotel, as a group. I noticed there was a $25. fee for animals staying in the hotel. (I don't have a problem with this), and I did notice 1 of our group brought their dog. The sporting event was a few days long. There were no animals allowed in the sports complex, this meant their poor little dog had to be left alone in a strange place.

**However I never saw 1 of their children (age 11-12ish) at the sports complex, so maybe she stayed at the hotel with the dog. I DO have a problem with this! I would never leave a child-girl, alone in a hotel, where most employees do not speak English! I will never understand people these days!

Maybe those possibilities are not at all what happened.  Maybe they had friends or family in the area, and the child and dog were with them.  Maybe the child is fluent in the other language, knew someone at the hotel, or had come along on the trip for another purpose in another location, and was with the dog there.  

I have no idea, of course, but there are other explanations.  I just think there's enough to worry and get upset about in this world without adding something that may or may not have even happened.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion,  the only animals allowed in stores should be service dogs.  None of this comfort animal nonsense.