Esteemed Contributor

Just What I DIDN'T Want For Christmas

I think I have pink eye!

One eye is all red and goopy and has been feeling irritated all day.

Of couse Urgent Care is closed now, and I don't know if they'll be open tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

Respected Contributor

Re: Just What I DIDN'T Want For Christmas

If you phone whoever is on call for your dr. or eye dr. there is a chance they will prescribe over the phone.  Get well fast.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2...you have been on my mind since you posted about the incident with your dad. I am so sorry you are now having health issues. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))). I know how miserable pink eye is. Hopefully you can get help soon. Smiley Sad 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2Smilasan has eye drops specifically for pink eye. It's OTC and you should be able to get it at most drug stores. At least it might help until you can get to see someone. If I'm not mistaken, pink eye is highly contagious.

Respected Contributor

Oh no .. you are not mistaken about that ....

Esteemed Contributor

I had pink eye once before, over a decade ago.

I doubt any pharmacies will be open tomorrow.

Well, I guess it beats having the norovirus that's going around in my area.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I had pink eye once before, over a decade ago.

I doubt any pharmacies will be open tomorrow.

Well, I guess it beats having the norovirus that's going around in my area.

@Plaid Pants2  Walgreens is always open on Christmas.  If you're in a metro area, they may have a 24 hr store open tonight.  Wash your hands and keep them away from your eyes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Plaid Pants. Big problem with that is keeping it from spreading to the other eye at night. Either fashion an absorbant bandage to cover the "goopy" eye, or, if you happen to have an eyepatch, put it on at bedtime. Use a bit of tape to secure it so it doesn't shift as you roll over. Without a barrier, that "goopy" substance will transfer to the pillowcase and you risk spreading it to your good eye or fingertips as you sleep.
This is a good nite to sleep propped up if possible.
Hopefully you can get some medication for that tomorrow.
Best wishes to you and yours.
Honored Contributor

Several eye issues can appear like pink eye including blepharitis among others.  It is best to seek professional help. 

Trusted Contributor

In my area, any CVS 24 hour store stays open 24 hours on Christmas.

Also,  saw today that Walgreens is open for some hours on Christmas (like 9 to 3 or 8-1, or whatever that particlular pharmacy chose, but all Walgreens are open some hours)

Another thing you can do is put a steeped, wrung out warm tea bag over your eye and lay down. Tea is very soothing for pink eye. My son just had it 2 weeks ago. He is 29, so I guess it is not just a kids virus.

Dr told him about tea bag, plus he gave him drops to treat both eyes, even though it was only in one.

It was gone in 24 hours. Drops worked really fast.