Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Turned Down A Chance to Talk To David on Air!

That is so right. Just because you are asked if you would like to talk on air, doesn't mean you will get a change to. A friend of mine was asked twice on two different occations and waited and waited and never got a chance to and she too was so mad.

Trusted Contributor

Several years back, I was asked if I would like to speak on air; in fact, I've been asked a couple of times. I declined each time. I agree with you, Anabelle, I am not the least bit interested in what a caller has to add to the conversation (sorry for those of you who have chatted on air Smiley Embarassed), and I can't think of why I would want to talk to a host. I wish they would do away with talking to callers altogether. 

I no longer phone in orders and I rarely watch the live presentations, so no worries!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

I spoke on air on HSN to Callie one time.  They didn't ask me any questions beforehand, only if I wanted to speak on air.

HSN frequently asked you to stay on the line to talk to the show host even when using automative ordering.

15+ years ago I spoke to Judy Crowell about Lladros, Kim Parrish and Julia K about Indigo Moon, someone with Jeanne Bice, and Jane Treacy and Tess McElhenny from Belleek.

Respected Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

Several years back, I was asked if I would like to speak on air; in fact, I've been asked a couple of times. I declined each time. I agree with you, Anabelle, I am not the least bit interested in what a caller has to add to the conversation (sorry for those of you who have chatted on air Smiley Embarassed), and I can't think of why I would want to talk to a host. I wish they would do away with talking to callers altogether. 

I no longer phone in orders and I rarely watch the live presentations, so no worries!

I completely agree with you.  I wish they would do away with the call ins - many of them are really embarrssing IMHO, and I don't care to be in that number!  When I do watch, which is now very seldom, I just want information - not unidentified opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand the calls! The hosts ask questions, like what color you purchased, and whatever you answer, they say "That's my favorite!" Sure it is lol 

One time, Kathy Levine got a male caller who asked her what she was wearing. She told him but you could see her eyes were wary. He asked her to stand up so he could see her skirt. Next thing you knew, the man was gone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I can't stand the calls! The hosts ask questions, like what color you purchased, and whatever you answer, they say "That's my favorite!" Sure it is lol 

One time, Kathy Levine got a male caller who asked her what she was wearing. She told him but you could see her eyes were wary. He asked her to stand up so he could see her skirt. Next thing you knew, the man was gone!

Eewwwwww, well that's just creepy!  Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

If I was asked to speak to Nick Chavez, I would MOST DEFINITELY say yes! Smiley Very Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

I was asked the other midnight. I get asked frequently over the years, but have never desired to do so. Not important to me. I don't have questions about the products anyway. And then I wouldn't toot my horn for being on air with a host, anyway !  Pfft !      Heart

Frequent Contributor

Testimonial calls are randomly picked by the computer and a running banner appears across the screen that says Testimonial Call and then the rep will say to you that you MAY have the opportunity to speak on air. I personally don't like to hear the callers on TV, I think that's what reviews are for. Usually they are just praising the hosts anyway, totally irrelevant.
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Esteemed Contributor

Whatever floats your boat, some people feel an attachment to hosts and seem to enjoy it or some may be lonely. If it makes someone happy, fine....I usually just tune it out and sometimes they may ask a question that I might have asked myself. I have been asked to speak to the host numerous times but declined and now I purchase everything online.