Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Scheduled Covid Vaccine at Publix

Yesterday I was able to schedule an appointment for both my DH and myself through our Town's portal.  I had missed several other opportunities because the portal opened and closed within minutes.  Yesterday I just happened to be holding my cell phone when I received the text that the portal was open.  I quickly clicked on the clink and registered for us both.   The portal was closed within 11 minutes after it was opened.  So I got really lucky.  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

DH logged on right at 6AM. For about 20 minutes the screen kept saying 'System Full' as it showed a countdown clock for the page to reload in 6 seconds.

He just watched the screen and suddenly a pop-up came up saying 'Book an Appt', then it let's you choose the state and the county.

A list of the available Publix stores with vaccines in that state/county will come up and you can choose your preferred location.

Luckily we got in at the Publix a few blocks from our home.

Just don't take your eyes off that screen and when it says 'Book an Appt.', hit it quick!

He did try to log in early, but the system won't let you queue up until right at 6AM.

HTH and good luck!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm 68, so I'm eligible in our state (GA), but DH is 64 and he has to wait.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

According to the email confirming my appt. it says:

"Attention Florida residents: Bring proof of residency to your appointment. Please carefully review the residency requirements listed on our website. Your appointment will be cancelled if you fail to bring satisfactory proof of residency."

For more information, including answers to frequently asked questions, visit Publix.com/covidvaccine.

It's my understanding that this is only for FL residents as many people (the wealthy & celebs, etc.) from other states have been flying to FL, just to get the vaccine, when they don't have an established residency there.

There is no proof of residency required for GA.

Esteemed Contributor

I was lucky to be looking at my email when I got one regarding newly opened county locations. Not necessarily close by, but literally had my pick of times and vaccine. Happened to also have my mother on the phone and I told her I would be able to get her in on Friday!! She said no, there’s too much snow and she wants to confirm with her doctor that she should get it (he already told her she should, but there’s no arguing with her.). So, no appointment and no telling when I’ll get lucky like that again.

Would be great if I could get it with her; she would be more willing to go then.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I may have responded to you yesterday, but you can be a snowbird who owns property, but maintains another address and that's where their driver's license comes from.  Those birds need to bring proof of ownership -  i know a snowbird couple who just did that.

I think there's also a way for seasonal renters to qualify, but I don't know that for sure.

Honored Contributor

We're still on 75+ and they aren't getting vaccine in, so there's the conversation about whether to vaccinate more people with just one shot or save the 2nd shot for the ones who got the 1st one.  And even the ones who got the 1st one are having trouble getting the 2nd one.  

I really don't understand the big push to convince people to get the vaccine to achieve herd immuity when they can't even supply for the ones who already want it.  And then you still have to wear a mask after you get it.  

The goal for the country was 1M/day when Biden took office, but even if you assume 1.5M/day with 350M people in the country, how long before they get to someone like me who is healthy, not important, and below 65?  Don't forget to add in 2 shots and now a booster.  Plus the fact that they don't know how long it's going to be effective.

I do find it a bit interesting to see people coming up with reasons they should be considered essential workers and, therefore, should be moved to the front of the line.  

And now they claim they have lost 20M doses?  What happend to that great tracking system FedEx was touting before the roll-out of the vaccine?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

There's a lot of social media hate today going to actor Jeff Goldblum, who posted a photo on social media, getting the vaccine at his home, in his robe and slippers, from a LA County Health Dept. employee.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Icegoddess 

There's a lot of social media hate today going to actor Jeff Goldblum, who posted a photo on social media, getting the vaccine at his home, in his robe and slippers, from a LA County Health Dept. employee.

@KingstonsMom I accept that the rich and celebrities are going to live by a different set of rules.  But, it's nice when they get called out for it, especially our elected leaders.  But, I also don't hate the rich for being rich. I'm not one who believes in the Robin Hood approach to taxation.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Oh, I don't resent the rich either and couldn't care less about their 'taxation'

Just don't rub your affluence in other people's faces on social media, who may not be as fortunate.

It's just kind and good manners not to, IMO.