Honored Contributor

Just Scheduled Covid Vaccine at Publix

Boy, that was like bidding at the last minute on ebay to get signed up!

Sign up started at 6AM online and you had to keep watching the page as it refreshes every 6 seconds to find an open slot to let you in to register.

My first will be this Friday at 2:36 PM (they schedule down to the minute!), the 2nd will be 3/5 at 2:36 PM.

Whew, that was like trying to 'win' something!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Just Scheduled Covid Vaccine at Publix

@KingstonsMom 

Here in FL ( SW ), sign on and up is on Wednesday at 6AM.  We are snowbirds and are still trying to get an appt. 

We signed on at  5:55 the first time....no luck.

We signed on at 5:35 the next time...at 6:45 we got one of the last 5 slots for a Publix in the panhandle, almost a 6-hour one-way drive.  Let it go.

Tomorrow we will sign on at 5....hope fully we will get one of the Publix within a reasonable drive.  ( There are so many close by ! )

Congrats on winning the vaccine lottery !  Any tips or secrets to share ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom     I actually rescheduled twice because we had so much snow.  My location is at the one of the hospital's health clubs.  My PCP is affiliated with the hospital in Naperville, IL.  The round of shots is for seniors and other people at high risk.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Zero availability where I live in VA...Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think TN is doing very well with the roll-out.  I'm 64 and don't know when I'll be eligible for the vaccine.  They were still doing nursing homes a couple of weeks ago.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  if there’s a secret to getting an appointment, I think only a half million or more people already know it.  Even as we hear from those lucky enough to get appointments, only a very small percentage of those who want vaccines have actually been able to book appointments.   

i will try publix once more tomorrow, but last time they had fewer than 10,000 shots for our county and at a minimum if everything went perfectly and they had that many again tomorrow, maybe one person out of every 10 or 20 might get lucky.

never enough vaccine ordered and no agreement or organization much of anywhere about how to effectively use what was ordered

I will drive 30 miles or maybe a few more if it’s not into Miami traffic, but not 6 hours.

btw- I don’t think your being a snowbird is the reason

You haven’t gotten an appointment   As long as you meet the snowbird requirements, you get in.  So say a snowbird couple I know personally

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom     I actually rescheduled twice because we had so much snow.  My location is at the one of the hospital's health clubs.  My PCP is affiliated with the hospital in Naperville, IL.  The round of shots is for seniors and other people at high risk.

Going for number two Pfizer tomorrow.

I live in SE Michigan and it seems  that everyone who wants it in our phase(over 65, k-12 education workers, medical etc) has with persistence been able to receive theirs. We made our appointments by phone with our local health dept. and received our immunization there.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   I tried but didn't make it.  By the time I finished all 6 pages and hit book appointment, all were gone.

Edited to add: I set my alarm for 5:30 so I would be fully awake and I never get up before 8.

Honored Contributor

It'll be worse for me.  General population.  There is a close one near me.  The medical center.Only patients can be registered there.   Supposedly the doctor will call you if a slot comes up.  But I think that's more for the older people.  I'm hoping by the time it comes down to everybody, they be lots of places to go to. I still think I won't be able to get any vaccine till sometime next year.  

Frequent Contributor

I just had my first COVID vaccine last week here in Pittsburgh.  It's next to impossible to get appointments here was well.  I went through an small, independent, pharmacy that I use exclusively.  The vaccine process was quick, seamless, and my mom and I were in and out in 20 minutes.  They also scheduled our second vaccine for four weeks.