Honored Contributor

Re: Just Returned from Grocery Store

@Reever wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

I was amazed how many people were not wearing a mask.  Gloves-------well, you can always wash your hands, but not wearing a mask was baffling.  There were some of us wearing masks, but I would say more were not wearing them.  

I don't think people still realize how serious this is.  And, this is not over by any stretch of the imagination.  They must not listen to the news or else they just think it won't happen to them.  

I immediately use a Germ-X wipe when I get into the car, wipe my debit card, wipe the little "member" tags, the key to the car, the fob, the steering wheel, the door handle, etc.  

I don't wear a mask (or gloves) to go shopping. Scientifically and statistically, as long as you practice good social distancing, it really doesn't matter (and gloves don't do anything if you touch something once you touch the virus). I do live in a not-hugely-populated town (~60,000), and I do wear a mask when I serve at the shelter and can't maintain proper distance.

ETA: FYI, I am a doctor (vet). :-)

In our state it is a requirement to wear a face covering when you go shopping.  Still there are a few stragglers who don't put them on.  

An exectutive order is not a law.  I heard on the radio program "coast to coast" that some consider it a constitutional violation.

@Reever  Our grocery stores require a mask. Without one you won't be going in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

I was amazed how many people were not wearing a mask.  Gloves-------well, you can always wash your hands, but not wearing a mask was baffling.  There were some of us wearing masks, but I would say more were not wearing them.  

I don't think people still realize how serious this is.  And, this is not over by any stretch of the imagination.  They must not listen to the news or else they just think it won't happen to them.  

I immediately use a Germ-X wipe when I get into the car, wipe my debit card, wipe the little "member" tags, the key to the car, the fob, the steering wheel, the door handle, etc.  

I don't wear a mask (or gloves) to go shopping. Scientifically and statistically, as long as you practice good social distancing, it really doesn't matter (and gloves don't do anything if you touch something once you touch the virus). I do live in a not-hugely-populated town (~60,000), and I do wear a mask when I serve at the shelter and can't maintain proper distance.

In our state it is a requirement to wear a face covering when you go shopping.  Still there are a few stragglers who don't put them on.  

An exectutive order is not a law.  I heard on the radio program "coast to coast" that some consider it a constitutional violation.

@Reever 

Executive orders issued by state govenors are not the same as statutes passed by state legislatures but have the force of law, like in the federal system. State executive orders are usually based on existing constitutional or statutory powers of the governor and do not require any action by the state legislature to take effect.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where I live, the county sheriff has just made it a mandate that one must wear a mask if they are away from their home, or risk getting fined ($1,000) or being jailed.

Yes, there were protests against it, because my county has had very few cases of Covid, and no deaths.

So it was just a local, small town sheriff who made this mandate.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

Some people consider almost everything to be some violation of their rights. It's a political thing called anti-government. @Reever 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

The good news is our grocery has paper towels, toilet paper, & Kleenex again! The bad news is we still can’t find disinfecting wipes or sprays anywhere.

Rice, pasta, and canned goods are scarce. Frozen pot pies and other frozen meals are hard to find. Bread, produce, meat, milk are stocked fairly well. My DH hasn’t been able to find his favorite soda in weeks. 

On the up side, he did buy me some Easter candy a couple weeks ago. 😉

Respected Contributor

I was able to order the good tp from sams online today.  the others brands are good but I'd rather use them for kleenex.

Honored Contributor

Still have not entered a store since that debacle at Weiss Market. With Instacart I was able to get paper towels.  Wegman's brand with print.  But only allowing 1 towel roll per person.  Still no toilet paper.  Food seems to be going back on the shelf.  Was able to get the meat I usually buy.  Salads, even frozen foods, something I had trouble getting before. etc.  I will probably have to to go physically to a dollar store to get the toilet paper.  

Trusted Contributor

I went to Publix this morning when they opened and they were fully stocked.  I was able to get a large container of Chlorox wipes, hand sanitizer and my favorite brand of paper towels.  

They also had bleach and toilet paper but didn't need any of that.  

Valued Contributor

I completely understand the seriousness of CoVid-19.  My husband's friend has been in the hospital for 5 weeks with it.  My allergies are *so* bad right now if I wore a mask I would be touching my face more.  Wearing a mask is a recommendation here now.  If it becomes mandatory I'm not sure what I'll do.  

Trusted Contributor

I went to our Walmart yesterday morning. Wasn't too bad, since it was around 9:30 or so. I'd say half wore masks (usually older people) and half did not. Stock-wise, it wasn't too bad. They had TP and paper towels, cleaning aisle was pretty wiped out. All the Walmart staff had to wear masks.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004