Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Returned from Grocery Store

Surprisingly and thankfully, the shelves are fairly well stocked at our local markets, with the exception of Clorox wipes. They are a hit or miss. Paper towels and TP have been plentiful lately. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way, and am hoping that will soon be the case nationwide-not just pockets🤞 It breaks my heart that so many people are still in desperate need of these items.🙁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Oh, one thing that was in VERY short supply--regular peanut butter.  No Jif, Skippy was picked over, etc.  Natural peanut butter was well stocked.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

I went to the grocery store (Wegmans) last week for the first time in a month. Until then, I was able to snag a grocery delivery slot. There was a line outside the store as they were limiting the number permitted to enter.  i waited in line for about 5 mins and was able to purchase everything I wanted. They had a new app where I scan my groceries as  I put it in my cart, then I went through the self-checkout line and downloaded the list from my phone and paid.  

Masks/face covering was required to enter the store. They did not have one-way aisles as some of you mentioned. I went during lunchtime so it wasn't very busy at all.  was happy to see that the shelves were stocked except the baking aisle. They had lots of PT and TP. 

Respected Contributor

It seems to vary so much from store to store and day to day.  I can't imagine going from store to shop.  After my disappointing Sams run on seniors day, I will wait until necessary and go to my grocery.  Clerk there told me some people are there day after day at opening in hopes of getting those much desired items.  I can only think of the cleaning they must do after each trip - using more of their precious items.  I can't envision going to more places since I am not able to get sanitizer and wipes!  And if more businesses open, they will be needing them too. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to the grocery store for a few months.  I have deliveries from Costco and a small local chain.   New delivery is coming Monday.  I have had no trouble getting TP or wipes.  

Valued Contributor

I have to go tomorrow Saturday. I like to be up there at opening, fewer people. Last weekend I saw two people in masks. I was not one of them. I tend to work from a list instead of my usual browsing for bargains method. In and out. Then I wash up in the car with sanitizer and wipes. 

My Store started limiting items, thank you, and fidning what I need is easier now. I've got a Schwan's order coming in two weeks, so need to get at least a week's worth of food. I even started freezing loaf bread again after not doing that for years. 

I love shopping but it almost feels like treasure hunting.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

I was amazed how many people were not wearing a mask.  Gloves-------well, you can always wash your hands, but not wearing a mask was baffling.  There were some of us wearing masks, but I would say more were not wearing them.  

I don't think people still realize how serious this is.  And, this is not over by any stretch of the imagination.  They must not listen to the news or else they just think it won't happen to them.  

I immediately use a Germ-X wipe when I get into the car, wipe my debit card, wipe the little "member" tags, the key to the car, the fob, the steering wheel, the door handle, etc.  

I don't wear a mask (or gloves) to go shopping. Scientifically and statistically, as long as you practice good social distancing, it really doesn't matter (and gloves don't do anything if you touch something once you touch the virus). I do live in a not-hugely-populated town (~60,000), and I do wear a mask when I serve at the shelter and can't maintain proper distance.

ETA: FYI, I am a doctor (vet). :-)

ETA #2: I should add this to "as long as you practice good social distancing": "and not coughing, sneezing, shouting, etc."

Esteemed Contributor

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

I was amazed how many people were not wearing a mask.  Gloves-------well, you can always wash your hands, but not wearing a mask was baffling.  There were some of us wearing masks, but I would say more were not wearing them.  

I don't think people still realize how serious this is.  And, this is not over by any stretch of the imagination.  They must not listen to the news or else they just think it won't happen to them.  

I immediately use a Germ-X wipe when I get into the car, wipe my debit card, wipe the little "member" tags, the key to the car, the fob, the steering wheel, the door handle, etc.  

I don't wear a mask (or gloves) to go shopping. Scientifically and statistically, as long as you practice good social distancing, it really doesn't matter (and gloves don't do anything if you touch something once you touch the virus). I do live in a not-hugely-populated town (~60,000), and I do wear a mask when I serve at the shelter and can't maintain proper distance.

What a great profession. I love animals. They always make me happy. 

Respected Contributor

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

I don't wear a mask (or gloves) to go shopping. Scientifically and statistically, as long as you practice good social distancing, it really doesn't matter (and gloves don't do anything if you touch something once you touch the virus). I do live in a not-hugely-populated town (~60,000), and I do wear a mask when I serve at the shelter and can't maintain proper distance.

In our state it is a requirement to wear a face covering when you go shopping.  Still there are a few stragglers who don't put them on.  

Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

In our state it is a requirement to wear a face covering when you go shopping.  Still there are a few stragglers who don't put them on.  

An exectutive order is not a law.  I heard on the radio program "coast to coast" that some consider it a constitutional violation.