Honored Contributor

Just NO! Warning: Elf Inside

Now I know some love the Elf on the Shelf and I know posters will compare him to songs such as "You Better Watch Out" but this elf is still a snitch.  I actually did not see him in Hallmark the other day.

There is hope.  LOL

I also still think he looks like Freddie Highmore in "The Good Doctor" series.

Christmas Elf Sticker by The Elf on the Shelf for iOS & Android | GIPHY

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Just NO! Warning: Elf Inside

[ Edited ]

The "Elf on the Shelf" was created by Christa Pitts, a former Q host, along with her mother and sister.

Christa Pitts

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 

Not a fan either.  I have two that belonged to my Mother so they have to be at least 60 years old - way before they were used in "shelf" story.  They are exactly like these with the legs that fold into the arms.  I can't part with them because mom loved them. 

Since I don't have kids, I don't have to worry about the whole shelf thing and probably wouldn't if I had.

Side note: Not a fan of nutcrackers either.  Their grins scared me as a kid.  

Honored Contributor

@Chopsmom    Glad to see your post.   I was late to learning about the elf on the shelf, but still the one I knew existed long before QVC or its predecessors.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

The "Elf on the Shelf" was created by Christa Pitts, a former Q host, along with her mother and sister.

Christa Pitts

@Desertdi 

Thanks for posting that, wow what an entrepreneurial story!  Also don't quite remember her as a QVC host?  Maybe she wasn't on long.

Honored Contributor

Our son and DIL decided to do " Shepherd on the Search" instead. 

Valued Contributor

Those elf on the shelf, elf on the....fill in the blank creep me out. When my kids were young they were scared of them.
Trusted Contributor

I'm glad my kids are past the Elf days.  That was a very difficult thing to keep up with as a parent.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Christa Pitts

@Desertdi 

Thanks for posting that, wow what an entrepreneurial story!  Also don't quite remember her as a QVC host?  Maybe she wasn't on long.

@rockygems123     It was quite a while ago, but she was an excellent host!     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Our son and DIL decided to do " Shepherd on the Search" instead. 

@JeanLouiseFinch   I didn't know about this one.  I looked it up.  Thank you for posting.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh