Frequent Contributor

It looks like Jill will be following in Lisa Robertson’s footsteps.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patagonia12 wrote:

@Patagonia12  -  I don't think anyone can follow Lisa Robertson. She's definitely one of a kind, just like they can't follow Kathy Levine.

I never cared much for Jill, although I know I'm in the minority. Her demeanor was always cold to me. Maybe it was her voice? Maybe it was her matronly way of dressing, or her hair? Whatever it was, I didn't enjoy watching her, so it's no great loss that she's leaving.

I wish her good luck in her future endeavors, but I don't think she's really saying goodbye forever. She'll be hovering around.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

After listening to her chat, I got the impression that she will be promoting different lines and probably take a percentage of the sales. That makes more sense than trying to get items to sell online. She kept asking what we would like to see i.e. makeup, decorating, baking, books. One viewer said they would like her to take a tour of her house. She said her husband is a very private person and did not want to be seen on TV. 

She said she purchased the domain name in 2012. So it seems she has been planning for many years to exit. What finally pushed her in that direction is anybody's guess. Social media is the way to go to promote yourself. I do wish her well. I thought it was strange that she started immediately after she left. I would have thought she would have wanted some down time.  So, we shall see what happens going forward.

Respected Contributor

I only watch Qvc because of their products.  I don't care what happens to hosts once they leave.  I admit that depending on the host it can be more enjoyable to watch but when they leave they are out of sight and out of mind.  Good luck to Jill.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I only watch Qvc because of their products.  I don't care what happens to hosts once they leave.  I admit that depending on the host it can be more enjoyable to watch but when they leave they are out of sight and out of mind.  Good luck to Jill.

@chiclet 

Same here. I don’t even know most of the hosts names though I recognize most of their faces. I don’t consider myself a “fan” of any of them even though some make shopping enjoyable. They are all hardcore sales people or they would not have the jobs they have.

I do confess that I am curious to learn what Jill’s new endeavor is that the Q was willing to promote it in the days before she left. There is usually a no compete clause.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host

Trusted Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Patagonia12 wrote:

@Patagonia12  -  I don't think anyone can follow Lisa Robertson. She's definitely one of a kind, just like they can't follow Kathy Levine.

I never cared much for Jill, although I know I'm in the minority. Her demeanor was always cold to me. Maybe it was her voice? Maybe it was her matronly way of dressing, or her hair? Whatever it was, I didn't enjoy watching her, so it's no great loss that she's leaving.

I wish her good luck in her future endeavors, but I don't think she's really saying goodbye forever. She'll be hovering around.

Same here....always felt like a student in her class room, felt she shouldve been a teacher....I will say she was always prepared, just didn’t care for her...two each his own😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

The only time I believe the reason of "Spending more time with family" is when someone has a baby and cannot bear to leave it with someone.  Other than that I feel it is just something they say because they can't or won't say the real reason.  

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

The only time I believe the reason of "Spending more time with family" is when someone has a baby and cannot bear to leave it with someone.  Other than that I feel it is just something they say because they can't or won't say the real reason.  

I commented somewhere way upthread about this, but she didn't say spending time with her family was the reason she left. She talked way more about her stage in life and pursuing some new things. Being able to relax and spend some more time with her family was one of the perks of her new situation.

Frequent Contributor

The only former host I check occasionally on Facebook is Kathy Levine. She's as  funny as ever.