Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm sorry @QueenDanceALot but that word is used to describe an entire gender (over half the world's population!) which is even larger than Roseanne's insult group.    

I really don't get how someone doesn't see it the equality in it.  

Because there isn't equality in the two!

@JaneMarple  With the exception of slurring a racial group as opposed to a larger gender group, exactly the same.  

Not even close!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Then you have Sally Field jumping into this. Why? It wasn’t her fight. I don’t get especially by feminists why this isn’t as bad as racism. Aren’t they both horrible?

Yes but she's probably angling for a job in the great cesspool known as show business.

Honored Contributor

I think unless you have spent a lifetime  being considered by some ,to be subhuman, you can't begin to imagine, what an insult to a persons humanity, calling them an ape is

I have black family members and I can see how they feel, because of the way they have been treated

I would be more insulted to be called the c word, but I haven't had a lifetime of discrimination. I understand @JaneMarple  completely

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  I understand her, too, but what she doesn't understand, is that her opinion is just an opinion and is no more valid than anyone else's.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think unless you have spent a lifetime  being considered by some ,to be subhuman, you can't begin to imagine, what an insult to a persons humanity, calling them an ape is

I have black family members and I can see how they feel, because of the way they have been treated

I would be more insulted to be called the c word, but I haven't had a lifetime of discrimination. I understand @JaneMarple  completely

I have to disagree, should not matter if it is one person or a whole group, both are equally wrong.  Why would you start placing degrees of wrong based on number you offend.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Thank you @cherry, believe me that I've heard all of the jungle, swinging through the trees and other barbaric comments to last me several lifetimes. 

Honored Contributor

You are just looking at it from differnt perspcetives , you are both right when you only view it from one prism..I can see @JaneMarple  pov better than others, because of my family experience..Without that ,I am not so sure I could

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@cherry  I understand her, too, but what she doesn't understand, is that her opinion is just an opinion and is no more valid than anyone else's.

"She" understands completely!

Honored Contributor

I know @JaneMarple  and I am sorry. My fathers cousin had to endure that ,plus slurs about his Jewish faith..My aunt used to cry for him often

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You are just looking at it from differnt perspcetives , you are both right when you only view it from one prism..I can see @JaneMarple  pov better than others, because of my family experience..Without that ,I am not so sure I could

As the old saying goes @cherry, "walk a day in my shoes".