Honored Contributor

They are both bad, to differnt levels, but neither is one I want to hear

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Jackie

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I think people need to censor themselves more. Just this morning Samantha B. said something horrible today. I am beginning to think “ Hollywood “ in general are slow learners. Interesting to see how her bosses deal or not deal with her.

I don't even know who this person is, but not anyone I'd want speaking for me on either side of the aisle. 

What she said was crude.

It did not sink to the level of racism.

There is a difference.

I agree @Ms tyrion2  What Roseanne said directly attempts to use that racist filth to dehumanize people.  When you try to dehumanize people you try to make it OK to do or say anything about them.  That disgusting mentality cannot ever be tolerated.  What Roseanne said has been said repeatedly throughout the Jim Crow era; people of color have heard that vile association before.  Go back through Roseanne's tweets from the most recent years.  She uses that same animal reference on Susan Rice, another African-American woman.  There is no excuse.  There is no justification. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing is worse than her Hitler skit, imho. Making fun of the Holocaust ,makes all the other awful things she has said ,pale into  insignificance,  by comparison

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I think people need to censor themselves more. Just this morning Samantha B. said something horrible today. I am beginning to think “ Hollywood “ in general are slow learners. Interesting to see how her bosses deal or not deal with her.

I don't even know who this person is, but not anyone I'd want speaking for me on either side of the aisle. 

What she said was crude.

There is a difference.

Of course not!! 

I just hate how people group everyone together. Not all R's think that and not all D's think that either.

We want our children to quit bullying but adults can't even act like adults, from the very top to bottom.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Ted Nugent has said the most vile and hateful things and is still embraced. go figure! He called then POTUS HRC the same exaxt word but gets a smile and a wink.

So then I guess you think it is ok.

Kind of hard for women to demand the respect they deserve from men when people find it acceptebal for women to call eachother these deplorable names.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

What she said was crude.

There is a difference.

It's really sad when people don't realize the difference @Ms tyrion2.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Ted Nugent has said the most vile and hateful things and is still embraced. go figure! He called then POTUS HRC the same exaxt word but gets a smile and a wink.

Kind of hard for women to demand the respect they deserve from men when people find it acceptebal for women to call eachother these deplorable names.

So then @CrazyDaisy I NEVER SAID IT WAS OK!!!!!!! Being called an offspring of an ape DOES NOT EQUATE to the "C" word!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@CrazyDaisy Throughout last summer's television show "Big Brother" that despicable word was used by some of the cast. Little to nothing was said about it. I guess I am a dinosaur but I find it deeply offensive.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Jackie

[ Edited ]

I personally find vulgarity in any form racism or sexism (pick your ism) completely inappropriate. 

If we continue to parse out strands of exactly the same strain of offensiveness and defend it, we'll never solve our issues.  Wrong is wrong and should have consequences to it.  Differ in the severity of the punishment if you wish but call out your ism for what it is, not welcome in a civil society.  

I personally found the latest word choice ten times more offensive that Rosanne's tweet but that's probably because I happen to be in that group it was directed towards.

No excuse and the network protecting its behind by including itself in the wrongdoer category which they were is hypocrisy at its finest.     

Respected Contributor

I didn’t watch the reboot, but why do I see new pics of both Beckys together?  How do they explain that?