Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I like John Goodman in movies.  He was great in Babe and the one where there were airplanes, think it was called "Always".

I love 'Always'!   He was really good in it, as were Dreyfuss and Holly Hunter.  Any time I happen upon that movie I have to stop and watch.    Just a lovely picture that I would recommend if anybody hasn't seen it!

I also agree with others that Laurie Metcalf is an absolute treasure.  She's an amazing actor.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Wanda Sykes posted a racist tweet on Twitter. Nada, nothing...no apology. We have to do a better job on both sides of self censorship, self awareness in what we say and pointing out the hypocrisy on BOTH sides but we are failing big time on this. The View brought up today on how women shouldn’t sexually harass men but then went on to justify why they can do it but that is off topic.....

@Nancy Drew  I agree that people should be held accountable.  When the most loathsome, hateful, racist things are spewed, it's disgusting to see it just fester in society until we start to think it's OK or normal.  Look at Ted Nugent.  He has said some of the most vile statements and called people some of the worst things I've heard -- routinely.  I mean he never stops.  But what happened to him?   He gets patted on the back, invitations and photo ops at high places, and nary a word calling for his career to be halted. 

This society of pick & choose morality is just ridiculous. 

Respected Contributor

I was happy to see the show revived and liked it a lot.  I really think Roseanne has mental issues.  Someone who had a top rated show and so many people's jobs at stake and she would risk it all.  I think it would be hard to do the show without her.  I like all the characters except for DJ.  He does not add much.  I guess they are doing all the remakes of old shows because they cannot seem to come up with anything new worth watching.  The new shows just don't seem to make it long especially comedies.  I love comedies if done right.  I am just amazed at how all the reality shows make it.  I do love shows like love connection and married at first sight. 

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I think people need to censor themselves more. Just this morning Samantha B. said something horrible today. I am beginning to think “ Hollywood “ in general are slow learners. Interesting to see how her bosses deal or not deal with her.

I don't even know who this person is, but not anyone I'd want speaking for me on either side of the aisle. 

Esteemed Contributor

Read where Roseanne was worth $80 million. She'll be okay. Great opportunity for her to go on a 'walkabout' or long meditation retreat. Spend some time reading powerful, inspirational writings. (I'm serious) If nothing else, learn from her experience.

Love John Goodman. Went to college with him at Missouri State Univ. St. Louis man. Feel badly for actors and writers who aren't worth $80 mil and have lost their jobs.

This show, as well as The Middle, represented struggles of lower middle class / lower class families. There needs to be one show out in TV land realistically representing working class plights. Not sure what that show would look like.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I think people need to censor themselves more. Just this morning Samantha B. said something horrible today. I am beginning to think “ Hollywood “ in general are slow learners. Interesting to see how her bosses deal or not deal with her.

Ted Nugent has said the most vile and hateful things and is still embraced. go figure! He called then POTUS HRC the same exaxt word but gets a smile and a wink.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Gayle King said this morning on her show this has to stop with the vulgarity. I think Gayle was a good one to say it as she doesn’t have the back history of hypocrisy like the women on the View. I have said many times BOTH sides need to stop. I hope/think after Roseanne , Samantha B. the bottom has been reached. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I don't even know who this person is, but not anyone I'd want speaking for me on either side of the aisle. 

What she said was crude.

It did not sink to the level of racism.

There is a difference.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Vulgarity directed at an individual is not equal to racism.