Honored Contributor

Re: Just Jackie

[ Edited ]

I never watched Roseanne, her voice grated on me.  However, the actress laurie metcalf is a treasure.  That woman can act, she is a total character as well!!  One of my favorite comedic roles she did was a guest stint on MONK.  Omg, if you ever watch monk, look for the episode Mr Monk Bumps His Head.   Lol, look for a pic of Laurie.  She has this hair do I never have ever seen, and the teeth!!!!.  It is a classic.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

I’d rather see Roseanne get sued by every cast and crew member for an entire season’s pay.

@TenderMercies  They will still be paid for the unaired episodes per their contracts.

@Cakers3 There are no unaired episodes.  They already aired the season finale and they hadn’t even begun to write, let alone shoot, next season.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

I’d rather see Roseanne get sued by every cast and crew member for an entire season’s pay.

@TenderMercies  They will still be paid for the unaired episodes per their contracts.

@Cakers3 There are no unaired episodes.  They already aired the season finale and they hadn’t even begun to write, let alone shoot, next season.

@TenderMerciesGoodman, Gilbert, and Metcalf have contracts for 13 more episodes.  It doesn't matter if the series was cancelled because of "unforeseen" circumstances and has not been aired yet.

The writers are the ones who will have to settle for partial compensation for the new episodes that they would have written.

ABC cannot use the clause which would release them from the contractual obligations due to catastrophic events.  Roseanne's comments will not qualify.

The issue is how ABC is going to handle already signed contracts with cast and crew.  The info is out there and has been for days.  The question is how much ABC/Disney is going to have to cough up.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I think It would be better to just Have "RosanneBarr" to be deceased on the show like they did on " Kevin Can Wait" And remove Laurie Metcalf's character she is busy with " The Big Bang Theory" I would rather that then have the show go off the air, it is not the other characters fault what happened. That would work in my opinion, They never told why they removed the Wife to Kevin James on " Kevin Can Wait' She was just gone one day. She is supposed to be deceased on that show.

Respected Contributor

They could just call it the" Conner's Family "

Honored Contributor

How long and how much money is going to be spent beating this dead horse?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I like John Goodman in movies.  He was great in Babe and the one where there were airplanes, think it was called "Always".

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I mever wayched roseanne, her voice grated on me.  However, the actress laurie metcalf is a treasure.  That woman can act, she is a total character as well!!  One of my favorite comedic roles she did was a giest srint on MONK.  Omg, if you ever waych monk, look for the episode Mr Monk Bumps His Head.   Lol, look for a pic of Laurie.  She has this hair do I never have ever seen, and the terth.  It is a classic.

I have to say i have enjoyed Laurie Metcalf also...in different shows and as Sheldon's mother in Big Bang...but this season in Roseanne she was just acting too goofey/stupid............so getting annoying and she is too talented to be wasted on that character........ always loved John Goodman.....Sara Gilbert never cared for in show or on her talk show....

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Jackie

[ Edited ]

I'd give it a chance.  I am totally open to a spinoff and frankly it would go a long way with me towards ABC.   It's already been done in the past successfully with Valerie Harper and others. 

I know it would mean somewhat original programming like television used to be but I think the next generation of writers can do it if they were ever given half a chance by a network to bring their ideas to fruition and not cancel it after the first two episodes.  

Honored Contributor

Even though I hadn't ever watched the show, it's too bad that some people have to tweet/FB/whatever while half asleep and or after they have taken a sleeping medication.

Reminds me of a famous person (Barbara Walters) who allegedly said (on TV) that she had taken an OTC sleeping med just before dinner, and had fallen asleep at the dinner table and didn't remember a thing the next day.  Lucky she had guests there to help her get into bed, etc. Could have been dangerous (falling off her chair, etc.) had she been alone. 

Getting back to Roseanne Show and in general:  It's about time that folks just put their phones in a side table and get a good night's sleep.  Many people are becoming sleep deprived unless they sleep until noon or later the next day.   

I've been hearing that many tweens/teens are up most of the night, tweeting, etc.  How could they concentrate at school after being awake most of the night?

I guess that's why St*rbucks and other coffee companies are very popular.

Well, it's a 'brave new world, that's for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).