Honored Contributor

Re: Just Got a Phone Call From QVC Corporate Offices

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't believe it.

My opinion 

@Johnnyeager  I do believe it.  But I have no idea what you are referring to.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I haven't had any issues. . . Woman Embarassed

@Sooner 

Nor have I.  Also, I have to laugh when the ENTIRE IT department gets blamed for every issue.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@KatieB 

What kind of systems were you working on in IT in 1977? 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

She probably worked on a mainframe system, which has been around since the 30's.  In the 70's IBM and Apple started coming out with their own OS.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@KatieB 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

She probably worked on a mainframe system, which has been around since the 30's.  In the 70's IBM and Apple started coming out with their own OS.

@SurferWife Yes, you are right. Hubby worked on mainfames in 1976.  There were other brands of mainfames by then but most used IBM code I think--I'd have to ask to be sure. Most code was programmed to fail nights and weekends it seems, at least as I remember... Woman SadWoman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@mspemberley wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I would never assume the folks overseeing these boards never reported any issues. 

You are so right! I had a management position with a national retail company and I can't tell you how many times I sat at a meeting with the top brass and heard them say "This is the first I heard of it!" when a KNOWN ISSUE was brought up. Happens every day! Those at the top are often the last to know.

I had to sigh a little when I read the OP's post. I'm not surprised corporate didn't know. I do think it's great the OP went straight to the top.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you believe that they really didn't know?  Then they don't deserve to be where they are. They are just trying to cover their butts. The Forums are not that important to them. It's costing them money.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't believe it.

My opinion 

@Johnnyeager  I do believe it.  But I have no idea what you are referring to.

@Sooner  so why did you respond? That's funny lol. Guess you just didn't want to be left out.

I always love reading your Posts.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I haven't had any issues. . . Woman Embarassed

@Sooner 

Nor have I.  Also, I have to laugh when the ENTIRE IT department gets blamed for every issue.

@SurferWife  I know. Nobody blames the higher ups who don't want to put out the money to fix what needs fixing. It's all  IT.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@KatieB 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

@SurferWife Yes, you are right. Hubby worked on mainfames in 1976.  There were other brands of mainfames by then but most used IBM code I think--I'd have to ask to be sure. Most code was programmed to fail nights and weekends it seems, at least as I remember... Woman SadWoman Wink

@Sooner  around '78 my husband worked with Comdisco in NJ. Have no idea what it was all about. All I knew he worked in Computers lol.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Yes, correct.  It's called 'batch processing' & most companies have maintenance schedules in which the batches run (I'm in IT, too).  There are so many different IT specialties, but some only think of IT as the application development group.  Bless their hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@ciao_bella 

I never had the problems that so many others had here - my boards were business as usual through all of it.

I just find it so strange that the folks that oversee these boards never reported any of the issues they read about here for weeks to the IT people in Corporate.

That seems so very odd to me.

@ChiliPepper   I don't find it strange at all that corporate didn't know about the IT problems.  They are a big, multilayered entity.  We report problems to the mods who report them to IT.  There's no reason for everyone up the chain of command to be involved.  That's for supervisors and lower level managers to get fixed.  The CEO has bigger fish to fry.

It would, however, behoove the CEO to know there are IT priblems so he can be ready with his excuses and won't be too surprised when the whole system crashes one day.

@Kachina624  everything is on different Servers soI don't think that's possible. They knew.