Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Got a Phone Call From QVC Corporate Offices

@geezerette wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

You know what? Too many complaints to the media relations group and there goes the end of the Forums. They might think Its not  worth it to keep it.

Don't start it.

But what if they get flooded with complaints about shipping, billing, and lack of customer service?  

@geezerette  I'm glad you mentioned the other problems that Customers might email the media relations about. Maybe I'm wrong (I really don't know) but I always thought of Media Relations as something else.

So would shipping and all the other problems apply to Media Relations? You might know more about this than I do.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

You know what? Too many complaints to the media relations group and there goes the end of the Forums. They might think Its not  worth it to keep it.

Don't start it.

But what if they get flooded with complaints about shipping, billing, and lack of customer service?  

@geezerette  I'm glad you mentioned the other problems that Customers might email the media relations about. Maybe I'm wrong (I really don't know) but I always thought of Media Relations as something else.

So would shipping and all the other problems apply to Media Relations? You might know more about this than I do.

@Sage04 

I have no idea.  What peaked my interest was that she actually got a response so I wanted to know how.  There are a few email addresses for corporate QVC.

I read so many angry complaints about various aspects of shopping here and it seems that people can't get them addressed to their satisfaction. But I suppose if they were really interested, they could find them on their own.🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@KatieB 

What kind of systems were you working on in IT in 1977? 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

She probably worked on a mainframe system, which has been around since the 30's.  In the 70's IBM and Apple started coming out with their own OS.

@SurferWife    No, computers have not been around since the 30's.  At least not for business systems develpment applications in the United States.  And yes, it was on a mainframe.  Larger systems are on mainframes most of the time and still run on mainframes to this day.  Every system I've ever worked on has been on a mainframe.  Payroll, HR, Lab Encounters and Results, Order Processing. 

Also, I have no idea what OS IBM and Apple came out with.  What was it @SurferWife??  

Respected Contributor

I thought the moderators monitored the forums since they poof so many comments. I would think after so many comments about problems with the forums and the IT issues, they would have taken note of it and mentioned it to others. I am glad you took charge and contacted them.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04   Media Relations is the portal for journalists to get information about a company. I'm pretty sure this is what happened:

OP e-mailed Media Relations about the forums problem. This got screened by an MR admin. assistant who knew nothing about the situation. The AA forwarded OP's e-mail to a supervisor who said, "Get some more info on this." AA called OP, reported what was learned to the supervisor, and the supervisor forwarded everything to IT. 

IT probably responded to MR that they were already working on it.

Media Relations is not a corporate complaint department, but if there's no company response to a situation, might as well complain to everyone.

Good work, OP!

Honored Contributor

I suppose they'll inquire about why there wasn't a banner or notice at the top advising people that they might experience problems accessing the board.  The problems were not universal, the board was not down for 17 days.  Everything's back to normal.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I would never assume the folks overseeing these boards never reported any issues. 

They probably reported the problem to ISD but not to the corporate office because the board is small and it wasn't totally down. The problem didn't affect everyone.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I did not contact them.  But I can back up your claim that the forum was not working properly.  I don't know for how long, but it was more than a few days.

The IT department at QVC leaves something to be desired ......

@Puppy Lips    That's really not a fair assessment when we don't know what was wrong, how complicated it was or what was necessary to repair it.  There may have been other priorities.  I could understand financial matters or sales trumping the boards in importance.

Yes, but why does it happen so much? I don't know ANY other site that has technical problems. Ever.

Honored Contributor

Thank you QVC IT guy for fixing it!

Nerd on Computer | Know Your Meme

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Thank you QVC IT guy for fixing it!

Nerd on Computer | Know Your Meme

That oughtta do it! ROFL