Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just For Fun..What's For Dinner Tonight?

Frosted Mini-Wheats and cherry chocolate yogurt.
Honored Contributor

Strawberries and blueberries mixed into fresh thick whipped cream with a bit of lemon zest.  I ate a late lunch so am not hungry.   Leftovers for DH. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thai chicken green curry.

2 chicken breasts cut and stir fried (could use any other meat or fish, raw or left over), chop and add any vegetables you have. Pour on Trader Joe's Green Curry Simmer Sauce. Serve over rice. Fast and delicious. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

We were invited over to our daughters house.  She wanted to try a new recipe she saw on the Today Show (I think).  They had that guy who travels all over the US looking for great places to eat.  It was Spaghetti Pie, Salad, hot rolls, and Sugar Cream pie.  OH, MY....sooooo good.  I think I better go get on my tread mill !!!!  We are not used to big dinners.....but once in a while....... what a treat it is!

@jubilant...Wow, never heard of Spaghetti Pie...so I would think that the Spaghetti serves as the crust and what did she fill it with?...Sounds interesting!

Your evening with family sounds terrific!...Marriage took me to another State and my family members live in a few other States... I miss being able to get together with them at the spur of the moment or just whenever, so I become melancholy whenever I read of others who have family nearby! Heart 

This is the first time I have ever had Spaghetti Pie, too.  Actually it didn't have a crust.  Somehow the cheese on top help it together nicely and it came out just as a pie would....only thicker.  There was not a lot of liquid in it and it was made with tomato paste and I think a small amount of water from the boiled Spaghetti.  Guy Fieri, the guy from Diner, Drive-In's and Dives was the one cooking it, I guess. 

I know how you feel about family members living far apart .  When the boys were little (they are now 17 and 21) SIL's job took them to North Carolina.  I missed them so much.  They moved about an hour and a half away several years ago and now have moved just 5 minutes down the road.   My son lives only about 10 minutes the other direction.  I count myself very lucky that it has worked out this way.  I hope, maybe one day, it will work out for you, too.

We began a kitchen upgrade today, and, due to no fault of our own, will have no sink or water until Monday.  So, it was--and will be--sandwiches for us in the interim.

I have a Spaghetti Pie recipe that I will post in the Recipes forum.  My recipe is unlike the one described above, though, and does have a crust made with spaghetti.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Q mods: why was a post removed? 

Respected Contributor

The chicken came out FANTASTIC..........it's so good and makes the house smell great........to the point you can't wait for it to get done.........hubs loved it and so did baby girl who is spending the night at damma's house.................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

The chicken came out FANTASTIC..........it's so good and makes the house smell great........to the point you can't wait for it to get done.........hubs loved it and so did baby girl who is spending the night at damma's house.................................raven

Im glad it was good, but I want to know what was wrong with your post that it had to be  Poofed. 

Mentioning a recipe from a poster is not breaking any rules. 

Esteemed Contributor

2 PyRo gluten free beers on the golf course and buttered popcorn when I got home. Both delicious!!!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

Im glad it was good, but I want to know what was wrong with your post that it had to be  Poofed. 

Mentioning a recipe from a poster is not breaking any rules. 

what???...........they deleted my post........why??  all I've said is what we were having for dinner and commented on a couple of other posts in reguards to what they had fixed.........what could be wrong with that.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Shrimp creole and dirty rice. Steamed broccoli and cauliflower. A peanut butter cookie for dessert.