Respected Contributor

Re: Just For Fun..What's For Dinner Tonight?

@jubilant wrote:

We were invited over to our daughters house.  She wanted to try a new recipe she saw on the Today Show (I think).  They had that guy who travels all over the US looking for great places to eat.  It was Spaghetti Pie, Salad, hot rolls, and Sugar Cream pie.  OH, MY....sooooo good.  I think I better go get on my tread mill !!!!  We are not used to big dinners.....but once in a while....... what a treat it is!

I have never made spaghetti pie............I'm glad you enjoyed it Jubliant.......I do have a recipe for it, may have to give it a try..................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

We had a Pasta Salad garnished with fresh, juicy, Tomatoes...I add lots of Vegetables so they rule...I use the Tricolor Rotini and add chunks of Swiss Cheese, Genoa Salami, Arugula, Zucchini, Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Black Olives...toss with dressing of choice...add some Garlic Bread on the side...glass of Red Wine!...Voila'!...Great on a hot Summer night!

However...@dulwich...Do you happen to have any leftovers?...I love Roasted Lamb and Vegetables...I can reheat for dinner tomorrow! Smiley Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Spaghetti with garlic rolls. I gave up soda...again so. Its cranberry juice or water or milk as a beverage. If you can find Sunkist pineapple flavor, yu will love it! 

I really want a Dr.Pepper. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

We were invited over to our daughters house.  She wanted to try a new recipe she saw on the Today Show (I think).  They had that guy who travels all over the US looking for great places to eat.  It was Spaghetti Pie, Salad, hot rolls, and Sugar Cream pie.  OH, MY....sooooo good.  I think I better go get on my tread mill !!!!  We are not used to big dinners.....but once in a while....... what a treat it is!

@jubilant...Wow, never heard of Spaghetti Pie...so I would think that the Spaghetti serves as the crust and what did she fill it with?...Sounds interesting!

Your evening with family sounds terrific!...Marriage took me to another State and my family members live in a few other States... I miss being able to get together with them at the spur of the moment or just whenever, so I become melancholy whenever I read of others who have family nearby! Heart 

Respected Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Spaghetti with garlic rolls. I gave up soda...again so. Its cranberry juice or water or milk as a beverage. If you can find Sunkist pineapple flavor, yu will love it! 

I really want a Dr.Pepper. 

try Dasni sparkling water with lime, berry or lemon...........they help with the soda withdrawls...................................raven

Respected Contributor

Steak (with onions of course) and seasoned fries--my house smelled like a restaurant!

Respected Contributor

No cook dinner for me so it's either frozen mini tacos or Ben & Jerry's. Last night Ben & Jerry won, chocolate peppermint crunch. The tacos have protein, right?

Esteemed Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

No cook dinner for me so it's either frozen mini tacos or Ben & Jerry's. Last night Ben & Jerry won, chocolate peppermint crunch. The tacos have protein, right?

LOL...I'm sure it's in there somewhere...just depends on how much meat they added to them...Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

sure they do..........especially if you take a sharpie and write on the side of the box........100% of your daily protien requirement.............enjoy........................raven

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Grilled chicken and this......http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/summer-vegetable-tian/.

Trying it for the first time. Fingers crossed

UPDATE:  the recipe was DELICIOUS!!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.