Honored Contributor

Re: •••Just For Fun, Are You Superstitious?😊•••

@Alley Catvocate wrote:

Feline Groovy and newziesuzie..THANK YOU!!

I appreciate the convoy comment as it took off faster than I thought and is my HUGE passion...

HAPPY CATURDAY!! Heart

32ca4bea15cc61409982a85ff03c70b88b7438a341cbf747b4c61615fe1e0eb3_1.gif (300×231)

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Alley Catvocate wrote:

I appreciate the convoy comment as it took off faster than I thought and is my HUGE passion...

HAPPY CATURDAY!! Heart

32ca4bea15cc61409982a85ff03c70b88b7438a341cbf747b4c61615fe1e0eb3_1.gif (300×231)

Awww It's a clown car of floofy grey kitties. pink-kitty-purring-hug-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Alley Catvocate wrote:

HAPPY CATURDAY!! Heart

Awww It's a clown car of floofy grey kitties. pink-kitty-purring-hug-smiley-emoticon.gif

My first thought also, beebee.   laughing-happy-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif (135×135)

Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Not at all, but I grew up in a family that was. Maybe that's why I'm not.

Maybe you had your fill of them @colliemom4 lol!

😊

Definitely! LOL!

Honored Contributor

Not at all.

Valued Contributor

Not really superstitious based on the OP's list.

I DO know a lot of people believe bad things come in 3's though.  I hear that every time we see the announcement of the death of a famous person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newziesuzie thanks for starting this thread. It's a lot of fun!! Smiley Happy 

I'll pick up a a penny as long as it isn't from a dirty sidewalk (i.e. doggies, etc.).

Walking under a ladder is just asking for trouble (I also avoid walking under scaffolding whenever possible).

A rabbit's foot is clearly bad luck for the rabbit.

I usually knock on wood (or paper, in a pinch). I sometimes cross my fingers. 

I do not like having umbrellas fully opened when I'm inside. I just don't like pointy objects  near my eyes.

666 is really good luck to me for personal reasons.

Friday the 13th is very good luck to WEN hair care founder, Chaz Dean. Hiis mom's birthday is on June 13th and his 613 hair care line is named in honor of that day. Chaz signed the ownership papers for his hair care salon on a friday the 13th. He was told he could sign the paperwork on a different day but, since 13 is a positive number for him, he signed the papers on that day.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I don't consider myself particularly superstitious, but I do find there are certain "truths" or "coincidences" that line up with some of these.

Beginner's Luck.  For some reason I have this with recipes.  I'll make a cookie and it will have a really great texture.  Try to replicate it and never can.  Same thing happens with casseroles, etc.

666 - I have benefitted from other people's fear of this number.  Years ago I used to go to Kentucky Fried Chicken, and the meal I ordered there along with the state salestax always came to $6.66.  The employees were scared to charge me that, so they always gave me the senor citizen discount!  (I was in my 30's)

Picking up a penny.  I heard that not picking up a penny showed a disrespect for money.  I always pick up a coin, regarless of denomination (unless it's someplace really nasty) and I don't give a hoot whether it is heads up or down.

Friday the 13th.  This is a tricky one.  My mother told me that Friday the 13th was unlucky unless you were born on the 13th (which I was) and then it should be lucky for you.  I had the amazing coincidence of turning 13 on Friday the 13th!  I was expecting a super lucky day.  I wore a brand new dress to school that day, and I thought it was the prettiest dress I'd ever owned.  Unfortunately, it had one of those cheap nylon zippers down the back, and it kept splitting open all day long.  Super embarrasing!!!

Bad luck comes in 3's.  Yes it does seem to - except when it comes in 4's and 5's.

Walking under a ladder.  For safety reasons it just seems like common sense not to.  I can't think of any good reason why you would want to walk under one.

Crossing my fingers.  I always have.  It's not logical, but I do because I can - I even cross all 4 sets - pinky & ring, index & middle on both hands at the same time.  Don't ask me why.

Rabbits foot?  I would never, ever, ever,ever carry a dead animal body part around with me!

Black cats?  I love them (along with gray, and gray tiger cats) and I would never blame my ill fortunes on them.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

I'd be happy to see the black cat superstition go away COMPLETELY.  It's a real problem at Halloween.

Honored Contributor

No, I am not superstitious. I don't pick up pennies, or avoid black cats, or worry on Friday the 13th, etc.