Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Don’t Know What I Want

@rms1954 wrote:

To eat.  I feel hungry and go to the fridge, open door, and stand there.  Nothing appeals to me.  Maybe I'm just bored.  

I've done that.  I think it's boredom.

Honored Contributor

I posted earlier about not enjoying what to fix, tired of eating, etc...so last night made a new recipe....which is always a gamble.

It was not a hit - so I have a 9x13 pan of something we don't love.  I might reheat it on Monday and see if we really don't like it...I hate to throw food away.

Honored Contributor

I keep a couple boxes of healthy cereal handy. There are too many nights I don't feel like cooking and just have a bowl of cereal.

Regular Contributor

Have you tried any of the nutritional shakes on the market like Ensure or Boost?  They were very helpful when my mom had zero appetite and wouldn't eat anything.  She would drink Ensure which is high in calories and there is a high protein version as well.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Thanks, I'll have to try that one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PJinIA wrote:

Have you tried any of the nutritional shakes on the market like Ensure or Boost?  They were very helpful when my mom had zero appetite and wouldn't eat anything.  She would drink Ensure which is high in calories and there is a high protein version as well.  

My favorite is Premier Protein Chocolate shake. I usually drink one every 2-3 days. 30gm protein, 130 calories, 1g sugar. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954  No grown woman is okay at a weight of 68 pounds.  I find this thread upsetting on many levels.  Get back on the phone with your PCP's office.  If that doesn't get you an earlier appointment, go to an urgent care clinic or maybe a stand-alone ER.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@rms1954  No grown woman is okay at a weight of 68 pounds.  I find this thread upsetting on many levels.  Get back on the phone with your PCP's office.  If that doesn't get you an earlier appointment, go to an urgent care clinic or maybe a stand-alone ER.  

I know this.  Attempts to deal with medical appts have been futile not to mention frustrating to the point I've just about given up.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954, are you saying you have walked into an urgent care facility and still not been seen by a doctor?  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

To eat.  I feel hungry and go to the fridge, open door, and stand there.  Nothing appeals to me.  Maybe I'm just bored.  

@rms1954 

A nutritionist once told me that when I do that, it could be that you are borderline dehydrated and your body needs more water to properly function.  It could also mean that you aren't giving your body enough protein.   

My go-to "snack" is a Premier Protein Shake ....  30 mg of high quality protein with one gram of sugar for only 160 calories.    Within a few minutes of starting to drink the shake I am no longer hungry.  (These are also a good "emergency" food when blood sugar is rapidly dropping).

BTW .....  Premier came out with a spectacular flavor last year ... the Chocolate Peanut Butter shake is exceptionally good, and I'm not a fan of any brand of chocolate shakes.  Cheapest retail price I've found is at Walmart.