Honored Contributor

When a company keeps reminding you that you checked out a product, in emails, ads etc. , did you ever cave and go back and purchase the item ?  I did once , thanks a lot JTV ! LOL I can usually ignore the pursuit, but that time I was weak.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I don't think that I have. What did you get reminded to buy?

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I don't think that I have. What did you get reminded to buy?

@Dusty1 @It was awhile ago, but it was a pair of earrings that I kept going back to look at .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Never.  I think the practice is extremely obnoxious and intrusive, and it puts me off the vendor in general.

Honored Contributor

A time or two I've put an item in my cart but have forgotten to check out so I appreciated the reminder.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, especially with merchants who email to offer free shipping or a percent off if you go back and check out.  I love that! 

Trusted Contributor

I get that from travel companies after I try to price a cruise.  I haven't ever gone back to purchase one.

Trusted Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

Yes, especially with merchants who email to offer free shipping or a percent off if you go back and check out.  I love that! 

@Tori3569 I've found this method works fairly often.  If I'm not sure I want to buy something or if I'm waiting for it to go on sale, I add it to my cart and leave it there.  Probably about half the time I end up getting an email with a coupon code.  If I don't get anything, then it gives me extra time to decide if I really want it.

Esteemed Contributor

If I have put it in my cart it doesn't bother me that they contact me.   I will either go buy it or remove it.

What irritates me is if I just look at something online at a store and then I get the non-stop emails to purchase it.

Respected Contributor

Or you purchase something then get nonstop emails to purchase more.