Honored Contributor

Done and submitted the first week of February.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Asking Taxes

[ Edited ]

A friend who retired from the IRS does ours.  They are complicated due to my business filed 1/4 ly.  He does an excellent job!  Got less than $50.00 back on Federal and State - just right, don't owe, don't way overpay.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Ours are done as soon as all of our paperwork is received.  We have a trusted CPA with whom we've worked for over 20 years prepare them and e-file the federal return. We e-file our state return.

Honored Contributor

Already done and refund received.

Goes in my new car fund.

Honored Contributor

We buy turbo tax. Husband does it. Mailed them off last Monday.

Honored Contributor

When I was still working for a CPA firm, I did my own and my family's taxes at work.  We were allowed to use our tax system for just those returns.  Saved a lot of money for everyone.

Since then I have not had to file tax returns, so I did my girls' taxes on Turbo Tax.  However, they now do their own online.  I'm not sure my daughter who lives with me has done hers . . . I usually help her with them, so I doubt it.  I will ask her when she gets home from her IV treatment.

I had completely forgotten about them until I saw this post . . . so thank you, @Nuttmeg !!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

My accountant filed mine electronically Saturday and I just went to the post office and mailed the checks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I itemize and take my forms and research to a person who has done my taxes for some 20 years.  I like to have another person's eyes go over my form.

He doesn't charge much, and this year he found something I never would have known about that saved me a lot of money. Once before he has done that, too.  Other times he tells me I've miscalculated and owe a bit.  That's how it goes with itemization.

He's calm.  That's important in tax season.

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Used an accountant mid-March. What's a refund?

I file quarterly taxes. Got slammed with extra income this year. Getting ready right now to write out very large checks. Smiley Sad

@queendiva- we do quarterly too....not too bad this year, refund from NJ and we don't have to pay first quarter, fed ....but from June on....big checks too! 

Respected Contributor

we did ours like 3 weeks ago. and under 2 weeks they were direct deposited 1 one day and the other the next day.good luck to all.