Respected Contributor

Mid-February had my accountant file and got my returns within a couple of weeks.  I always wonder why people put off filing, especiallly if you have an accountant.  If I waited till the last day I would be super stressed - I don't like stress in my life.

Respected Contributor

I figure mine in February, but I don't send them the money until a day or two before the deadline.  Yes, I said "send them the money."  Cat Sad

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

My taxes were done at the beginning of March.  My state and federal were e-filed, however, our city only accepts mailed in returns.

Sunday I realized our city taxes for both us personally and our business were sitting on our desk still so I got them in the mail yesterday.  I would have been kicking myself had I not filed them.  Even though we don't owe city taxes, if you file late, you have to pay a $25.00 late fee.   

Respected Contributor

Finished ours in the middle of March, which is early for us.  LOL

It feels good to have them done though. 

Honored Contributor

Mine were filed in late March.  Received state refund within about 8 days and federal within about 2 weeks.  I have an accountant do mine.

Honored Contributor

Our accountant did ours in early March.  He e-filed them on Monday and that same week on Friday both Federal and Georgia had been deposited.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I waited to almost the last minute- Saturday- to do them because I truly thought we were going to pay this year but turns out we are actually getting a fairlly hefty return.

Unlike most people, that does NOT make me happy as I don't like the idea of them having MY money all year long when i could have had it and invested it. Sure, it wouldn't make a bunch of money but more than it would with the government holding on to it! I keep trying to finagle it so that we end up close to breaking even or even paying a little but it never works out- I've gotten a return of some degree or other every year. I wish I could find that sweet spot! 

Honored Contributor

I did mine in March ... it was very depressing!  Last year I got a lump sum payout that was taxable .. pushed me up a couple of tax brackets and I had to PAY a chunk of money to the IRS.  I thought the tax withheld from the payout would be enough to cover any tax due.   This is the first time in about 8 years that I had to pay!

Honored Contributor

We got back more then what we thought we would !

Yay ! Going on vacation, come in handy !

Respected Contributor

We had ours done in mid March. Already sent the IRS a big check! We use an accountant and always have to PAY! However, this year we broke even with the state. I thought once we retired and were on a fixed income we'd get something back but not so. Hope everyone who does enjoys spending it!Smiley Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran