Honored Contributor

Okay, so maybe it's just my suspicious nature but I wonder about this. I bought the Beekman Whipped Soap Paste for $28 ( one day price) yesterday, when I checked out the product last night it was sold out. Today it's available to purchase for $31, I know people sometimes change their mind and cancel an order but not enough people would that there is more stock. It makes me think QVC held back on the merchandise to sell it for the $31 price. I have often found that things sell out during the sale at Sephora, but miraculously is back in stock when the sale is over. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think you're on to something!

(wink)

Honored Contributor

Re: Just An Observation

[ Edited ]

I bet you're right-  that they only allocated a certain amount for the One Day Only sale.

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

@Jordan2   Since you have no way of knowing what the sales are versus the rejections and cancellations, I don't see any point in speculating.  You're just stirring the pot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is normal business practice and not necessarily price gouging.

For example: QVC orders 5000 items and puts them up for purchase . The items seem to be a good seller, so they order 5000 more.  When the second order is delivered, the wholesale cost is higher than the first order.

So, QVC sells the items from the second order at a higher price than they did for the first order.

Every retailer  does this, from a local street vendor to your grocery store. 

It has always been this way...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I just looked at this item and it only shows as available on "Waitlist".  So I don't consider that in stock.

To be honest, if I've placed an order for something I want, I don't bother to keep checking on it afterwards, unless my order suddenly goes to "backorder" or I see a price drop.

What's the point, if your order has gone through okay?

(ETA:  I don't think there's anything suspicious going on.  Sometimes inventory just changes, even by the minute.)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler

@Jordan2   Since you have no way of knowing what the sales are versus the rejections and cancellations, I don't see any point in speculating.  You're just stirring the pot.

@Kachina624 If we didn't speculate we wouldn't have a board. I don't believe the OP's post was intended to stir the pot, but even if it was you don't have to engage. 

Frequent Contributor
I have had this happen too. It's not stirring the pot.
Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 I don't consider a legit thought or inquiry as stirring anything.  Poster is just having a bad day apparently.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  I recently had this same type of thing happen to me by a different retailer. I wanted to order a night stand that was on early Black Friday sale. But, the website said the night stand was currently unavailable for my zip code. I have the rest of the bedroom set pieces and knew another night stand would be available. I checked back every day for the week it was on sale, but it remained unavailable in my zip code.

The first day the night stand was again full price and was no longer on sale, it was available in my zip code. I did not order it.