Honored Contributor

I have been watching Jimmy Kimmel, Live with Kelly and Ryan, The View, and political shows. I have noticed that without the stylists, hairdressers, and makeup artists, the celebs and on air talent look like regular people, like you or me. I think some of them look better, they look natural and fresh faced. I give them credit for going on air. Now the only one I saw that got all glammed up was Kim Kardashian, one of her sisters came over to do her makeup. God forbid Kim should go on air au naturel, she is beautiful, I'm sure she would look fine.

Honored Contributor

I've been noticing that, too, @Jordan2 .  They look quite different.  I haven't watched Kelly and Ryan, but would imagine Kelly would look great without any make-up.  She's so pretty.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I have always felt sorry for men. They go out with a woman all made up, and then are probably shocked when they see the woman without makeup ( there are some women who never let their man see them without makeup). I know I definitely look better with makeup, I don't usually go outside without a full face on!

Honored Contributor

My husband would comment, so & so and so & so look different.  It took us a couple of days to realize it was because they were doing their own hair and makeup and weren't as good at it!

Honored Contributor

Also, what I found is that I like those shows much better and more impromptu.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's mostly the lighting. Low quality cameras and unflattering angles too. But mostly lighting. Home lighting is nowhere near as flattering on camera as a good studio lighting tech can create for you.

I'd say at least 75% of glamour is smoke and mirrors.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I was watching a clip of Jennifer Anniston on Jimmy Kimmel. She looked like she was wearing no or very little makeup, I thought she looked great. She seems to be down to earth, isn't into the whole glammed up look.

Honored Contributor

If you want a laugh checkout The Today Show ( I get emails), for a Julia Louis Dryfus "PSA" that she is doing her own makeup for!