Honored Contributor

Re: Just Amazing ... Weather

My fear is that we will go from all this rain to intense heat. 

Respected Contributor

I remember when I was a kid it would cloud up and rain for

a day and then be a bright sunny day the next day.

Now, it either rains for a few days straight dropping ridiculous amounts of rain or just enough of an annoying drizzle to make it totally yucky out.

And, thunderstorms - I also remember when a storm would just blow through.

Now, they come in line after line of them.

I can totally see why so many places across the country flood.

The weather is just totally strange sometimes these days.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I love the rains, I happen to like cloudy days in the summer.  It is chilly here, not even 60* yet, but will be warm in the 70's tomorrow.

We're up at our shore house and everything is so lush and green. 

It seems after the rains, we have winds that dry the puddles up---or the crisp beautiful sunshine does it's job.

Rain is nature's way of washing off the ground, the sidewalk, the buildings.  You can feel the dusty, dirty feeling when someplace needs a good rain. 

And the relentless sunshine, especially during a drought, yet the weatherman drones on about 'another beautiful day'.  Ugh! 

Rain is beautiful, too!  We've been so lucky to have good rains (for years-- it seems) during the summertime.  So important.  Sure, there is the few days of oppressive humidity here and there.  But luckily air conditioning obliviates it!  Gone---poof! 

There's always a breeze off the bay or the ocean and even on those rare days of only a slight or no breeze, the shade is heavenly.

Honored Contributor

Our weather here in my part of Ohio has been dreadful.  A ton of rain and upper 40's, low 50's.  We literally have ducks swimming in our backyard.  LOL  

Today it's supposed to be close to 80!